Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » 20th Anniversary Merchandise

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
4/13/2012 7:28 AM
Amz785
Amz785

Hi guys,

Incase anyone is interested have just seen via Facebook that the DisneyStore has the new 20th Anniversary Merchandise in stock now. See here: http://www.disneystore.co.uk/disney-parks-collection/mn/1315002/?CMP=OTL-DOLUK&att=DLPFBK
0 permalink
4/13/2012 7:57 AM
Graham
Graham

Thanks for that, although I prefer the Retro and Signature range. I still don't know how I feel about being able to buy the products online. I think it's great for fans or for if you forget something while you're visiting but the fact that you can buy Disneyland Paris merchandise from home just defeats the purpose to me.
0 permalink
4/13/2012 9:09 AM
Frollo
Frollo

I bet that buying autograph books from home will be real handy for some people!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
Next Trip - Disneyland Paris 20th-21st April 2014
0 permalink
4/13/2012 9:30 AM
Rune
Rune

Rune Wrote:
Graham Wrote:
I still don't know how I feel about being able to buy the products online. I think it's great for fans or for if you forget something while you're visiting but the fact that you can buy Disneyland Paris merchandise from home just defeats the purpose to me.

Agreed. It rather puts me in mind of band tour tees you see all over the place / online. I know a simple DLP 20th logo's not quite the same thing as having a list of tour dates you never attended on your back, but still it does seem rather odd. I guess though that if you can't get over to the park though or collect merch it'll be worth it to be part of the fun. I wonder too if supplies will hold up over the coming year or disappear after this 'first run'?

And Frollo, yeah I think you're right. Definitely not cheap though, I seem to throw a fit every time we get a new one =P

edited by Rune on 4/13/2012
0 permalink
4/13/2012 10:46 AM
Graham
Graham

Frollo Wrote:
I bet that buying autograph books from home will be real handy for some people!

That's true, but there's a Disney Store at all on-site (and I'm pretty sure partner) hotels where you can buy it pretty much as soon as you arrive rather than waiting till you arrive at the park and ruining an autograph opportunity.

Rune Wrote:
Agreed. It rather puts me in mind of band tour tees you see all over the place / online. I know a simple DLP 20th logo's not quite the same thing as having a list of tour dates you never attended on your back, but still it does seem rather odd.

Or like those "I <3 NY/Paris" shirts you can buy at a bunch of high-street stores nowadays. Obviously the main point someone goes on holiday to Disney isn't just to get the T-Shirt but it just makes you think - why should I buy it when I can get it at home? Oh well, I suppose it's another source of income for Disney.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 6:47 AM
Amz785
Amz785

Graham Wrote:
Thanks for that, although I prefer the Retro and Signature range. I still don't know how I feel about being able to buy the products online. I think it's great for fans or for if you forget something while you're visiting but the fact that you can buy Disneyland Paris merchandise from home just defeats the purpose to me.

Yeah I agree, its always better to buy things as a memento of the day while you are there. Sometimes tho if you're a collector its useful to be able to buy from home if you can't get to the parks for whatever reason. Don't know if they sell the full range online, I imagine there is some stuff that is limited availability / limited to beign sold at the parks only, but i'm not sure.
0 permalink
4/23/2012 4:22 AM
Mirella
Mirella

I love the bright colours! and there is alot I would buy, so better start saving.
0 permalink