Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Disneyland General Discussion and Trip Planning » Character advice/help needed please...1st trip in April

Discuss Disneyland Resort character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
the topic is closed |
1/27/2015 8:14 PM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

Hello Friends!
My family is headed to DL in early April. After 16 trips to WDW, its our first trip to DL! We are very excited. We could sure use your help with any and all character advice (& any other advice) for the two parks. We are only going for two days. We are totally clueless about DL and are interested in meeting characters that don't meet at WDW. I heard something about Oswald and Olaf being at one of the parks...but really have no clue about it.
Your help and info would be great and appreciated!! Thank You!
0 permalink
1/28/2015 8:38 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Ah! So exciting! A newbie to Disneyland! Big Grin

Well, I wouldn't be doing my job here if first of all I didn't direct you to several key pages of this site, if you hadn't already seen them. We were literally just in DL, so all the character info is as up to date as it can be, based on our experiences.

Here's what I recommend looking at:

Disneyland Park home page - from here you can click each land, and see which character is listed for each area. Don't forget that characters that have a special meet 'n' greet area aren't listed under "Characters", but are on the "Meet 'n' greets" tab.

http://www.charactercentral.net/P1_DisneyCharacters_DisneylandResort_Disneyland.aspx

Disney California Adventure home page - same process applies for this page as Disneyland Park.

http://www.charactercentral.net/P2_DisneyCharacters_DisneylandResort_CaliforniaAdventure.aspx

I'll also add here the specific page for the new Frozen Fun activities, which has lots of useful info, including how to meet Olaf (don't forget to click the various tabs, "About Frozen Fun" and "Meeting Characters")

http://www.charactercentral.net/L1677_DisneyCharacters_DisneylandResort_CaliforniaAdventure_FrozenFun.aspx

If you can't find something you're looking for, let me know, and I'll link it here, but everything, including all current parades and shows at the resort should be on those pages listed above.

You specifically asked about Oswald. They don't make a big deal of him in California. He is just "there" on Buena Vista Street. His times are on the schedule, but he isn't continuous, he is intermittent, so you may find that he's on break when you walk past. People aren't hard core in CA about characters, like they are at WDW. There are no FastPass systems etc, just arrive a few minutes before the start of the set, and you're usually good to go (except Anna, Elsa and Olaf, which you need to read the Frozen Fun page about, which I linked above).

Hope that helps to start!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
1/28/2015 8:42 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

In addition to the above post, I'll also add here the following:

Our in-depth, detailed Trip Planner. It has tons of useful info about hotels, dining, getting to and from the airport etc. (When you click a section, it appears in a pop-up box. Although it isn't always obvious, these have scroll bars - there is usually lots more info further down the box! I didn't want you to miss anything!)

http://www.charactercentral.net/RTP1_DisneyCharacters_DisneylandResort_TripPlanner.aspx

Our DLR character "cheat sheet". This will tell you where to find all characters at DL.

http://www.charactercentral.net/RCS1_DisneyCharacters_DisneylandResort_CharacterFindCheatSheet.aspx

And this one might not be so useful, but in case you're interested, my previous trip reports not from all trips, but what I have write reports for).

http://www.charactercentral.net/TripReportList.aspx?ResortId=1
edited by DisneyDan on 1/28/2015

--

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Dan.
0 permalink
1/29/2015 11:49 AM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

Very cool Dan thanks!! I read through all of it! So I also found the Big Thunder Jamboree thread...is that still going on (guessing not)? It sounded like WDW character palooza.

Also, if you had to guess...and I know its totally random...but where would a rare character/training, pop up at in either park?

Thanks for the help!!
0 permalink
1/29/2015 12:31 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

At this time Disney haven't re-opened the ranch since it closed after Christmas. It is not known if and when it'll re-open. It may be that Disney have decided not to do it through the 60th anniversary stuff. Unfortunately, there's no real way of knowing until it just happens.

As for randoms, well, Disneyland don't really do that any more, in our experience. Sure, characters "appear" in different places. Peter Pan for example might be at Refreshment Corner, by the Castle or wandering around Fantasyland - we've seen him in all 3 places. But that doesn't make him random, I guess. There are definitely some characters that appear less frequently than others, such as Wendy or Suzy and Perla, but they are more infrequent than random. Having said that, when we were in DL just after the New Year earlier this month, Genie was up near "it's a small world", which was by all accounts, pretty random. He's probably the first random character I've ever seen at Disneyland. Even the ranch wasn't ever really random. More a set pool of characters of which any of them could show up. Kind of like Palooza really - that's nearly always the same pool of characters, just different combinations on different days.

--

Dan.
0 permalink
1/29/2015 3:04 PM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

Truly appreciate the help! Thanks again Dan
0 permalink
2/28/2015 11:31 PM
painkiler
Minnie Mouse
painkiler

I just got my annual pass few weeks ago and today I made friends with a cast member. He helped me so much finding characters today. So the best thing to do world ask the people at information centers. I suggest the fantasy land one.
0 permalink
3/1/2015 5:53 PM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

Cool thanks!
0 permalink
3/10/2015 10:02 PM
painkiler
Minnie Mouse
painkiler

Hippy I did find something out this past weekend about Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. He is only in the California Adventures park. Also he is only out till about 5pm it has to do with he cant really be seen in the photos after dark so he doesn't come out at night at all. As for rare finds, you just have to hope they come out on that day. I spend my weekends with my 14 month old daughter and I made allot friends that work there and They don't even know who is going to be where until they show up. Two weeks ago Chip and Dale where showing up in Disneyland on there tablet and then mins later they vanished from the list. I do know Easter time they said Piglet and the White Rabbit and Rabbit should be out. As far as I can tell there are no prince's in DL but there are most of the princesses if not all of them.. Aroara and Arial can be found behind the Dumbo ride sometimes at same time other times they change places with one another. If I think of anything else ill post it. I hope you have a great trip
0 permalink
3/22/2015 9:44 PM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

Thanks for the advice pain...Oswald is on the top of our list with Olaf! We would have been bummed if we had put off meeting him till later in the day and then missed him. Thanks!
Sorry I didn't respond quicker but I have been traveling.

My family and I were discussing our trip tonight. We hope that the Jamboree is going on!...prob not. At least the Rabbits may be out!!
0 permalink
3/23/2015 2:13 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Hippy, you'll be there the same time as us :P

--

Dan.
0 permalink
3/24/2015 10:03 PM
painkiler
Minnie Mouse
painkiler

Rabbits are out right now. Posted about that in another post already. I'm local so I go weekend with my daughter only missed 4 days since I got my passes. I only go until about 3pm or when she had had enough fun. I hope you enjoy your time here. Right now Peter pan is closed and all of the critter country and are spat to reopen for the 60th in May. The castle was closed until about 3 weeks ago and opened early. As for in the other park they have some stuff closed including a whole location that connects the main street to the right side so if you walk that way you have to walk all the way back around. Don't know when it's opening back up I don't go there much.
0 permalink
6/6/2015 3:01 PM
Nala
Stitch
Nala

My family and I will be paying a visit to the Disneyland Resort for the 60th anniversary next month! This will be our first time visiting the park and I have a couple of very specific questions! I decided to just post them in this thread instead of starting a new one, and treat this as a 'first timers' thread! (hope you don't mind HippyDisneyGuy!)
Anyway, here are my questions:

*What's the story with Fastpasses in the park? As in, can you get multiple Fastpasses at the same time for different attractions and/or events? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you can, I just don't recall where I saw it or whether I just imagined it!

*Do they have different Storytelling at the Royal Theatre depending on the days, or is it just always Frozen now? And on the topic of Frozen, will all the Frozen Fun stuff stick around for the whole summer, or is it coming to an end soon?

*Are the queues for the Royal Hall as bad as the Princess Pavillion in DLP?

*And finally, are Captain America and Thor really gone from Innovations? The Disneyland website are still listing them as being there, but I'm not sure just how accurate that website is!!

That's if for now! :P Any info would be appreciate it! Thanks =)
0 permalink
6/6/2015 3:18 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

1. No. There's a couple of disconnected things, like the Storytelling in the Royal Theatre or Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin or the new Fantasmic Fastpass. But generally no.

2. At the moment the Royal Theatre is still Frozen only. No rumors of changes. Anna and Elsa are still meeting. I've heard two people say Olaf would stop meeting soon, but I haven't heard anything official. Singalong is also still ongoing. The night time stuff in DCA ended, Mad T Party is back nightly for the summer.

3. No. Their new location is fabulous. The queue is open, you can see how long it is. If you time it right the princesses can be seen with less than 10 minute wait.

4. Innovations is closed, but Captain America and Thor are now meeting outside in Tomorrowland. It's under the old Peoplemover platform, somewhere near the hat store.
0 permalink
6/6/2015 4:15 PM
Nala
Stitch
Nala

Thanks for all the info Petra!!! It's a shame about the fastpasses, I knew it was too good to be true... But I am SO HAPPY to hear that Captain America and Thor are still meeting!!!! That's fantastic news!!!

Also, any idea whether Elsa and Anna meet after their show in the Royal Theatre, like Rapunzel and Flynn? I think it's unlikely, but still...
edited by nala on 6/6/2015
0 permalink
6/6/2015 5:13 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

Nala Wrote:
Thanks for all the info Petra!!! It's a shame about the fastpasses, I knew it was too good to be true... But I am SO HAPPY to hear that Captain America and Thor are still meeting!!!! That's fantastic news!!!

Also, any idea whether Elsa and Anna meet after their show in the Royal Theatre, like Rapunzel and Flynn? I think it's unlikely, but still...
edited by nala on 6/6/2015

You have old info. It used to be that way that you could simply collect FP until I think the beginning of 2014.

Nope, Anna and Elsa don't meet after their show. The only place to meet them is at Animation Academy in DCA. It's a FP meet, so fairly easy. Not as crazy as the Christmas lines in Paris.

Captain and Thor were gone for a while after Innovations closed. I was really glad when they reappeared. A friend of mine hasn't been to the park in 2 years and is coming with me in fall. She really is dying to meet Thor.
edited by Vala on 6/6/2015
0 permalink
6/8/2015 5:32 PM
Nala
Stitch
Nala

I am also dying to meet Thor!! :P

Thanks again for all the info! Can't wait for July now! =D
0 permalink
the topic is closed |