Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » Town Square Theater Rumors

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
the topic is closed |
4/28/2011 7:02 AM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Earlier this month, I heard a rumor on another forum that when the Princesses are finally able to go back home to Fantasyland, their current room in the Town Square Theater might be converted into the "theater stage" section of the place, holding meet-and-greets with other characters from the Mickey & Friends franchise (Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Clarabelle, Horace, Oswald, etc.), which would be an excellent idea.

Besides, some of the posters in the Town Square Theater's queue area depicts some of Mickey's pals in them (ie: Oswald the Disappearing Rabbit, etc.).

Hope this rumor comes true.
+1 permalink
4/30/2011 1:43 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

This would be very cool.
We had wondered what they might do with that room after.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
+1 permalink
4/30/2011 9:24 AM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

DisneyDan Wrote:
This would be very cool.
We had wondered what they might do with that room after.

i agree

This would be the perfect place for those classic shorts characters to greet guests at. And some of them, like Horace and Clarabelle, REALLY need to go back to doing regular meet-and-greets at the parks again.

Why, those shorts characters are all Walt Disney originals and first came into existence during the "golden age" of cartoons in the first half of the 1900's and thus fit the theming of Main Street wonderfully.

And with the place being a "theater", it would make absolute perfect sense to complete the picture by having the "theater/stage area" itself be accessible to the guests, to compliment the "theater offices" that Mickey and Minnie already appear in (and to keep guests from saying stuff like "If this place is supposed to be a theater, then where's the theater itself?"Big Grin). And in the theater, it could be made to seem as if Mickey's pals were taking a break from rehearsals to greet their fans.

Let's hope these rumor comes true, as these would be total no-brainers.

P.S.: Besides, the princesses don't really fit the theming of Main Street anyway.
edited by disneyphilip on 4/30/2011
+1 permalink
5/5/2011 8:05 AM
mastromjm
Chip 'n' Dale
mastromjm

Did I read Oswald on that list? If I'm not mistaken, he has had ONE appearance in his costume, which was at some sort of event celebrating his return, which I cannot find photos of. I would be so happy to see him in the parks. Rumors are that Pete will be finally making his appearance in the parks as well! And even though Horace and Clarabelle have nice costumes, I would like to see them look a little more...on model?

Either way, GREAT NEWS! I was hoping that this would happen.
+1 permalink
5/5/2011 9:26 AM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

I'm wondering if they truly are planning to have Oswald and Pete do meet-and-greets again in the park as there are also rumors that they will make their home at Disney California Adventure as well. Not sure if and when that will be. Perhaps when the construction is over. But, I really hope they do appear in California and it would make sense since, now, Disney California Adventure is supposed to represent the California Walt came to in the 1920s.

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
+2 permalink
5/5/2011 12:13 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

We have also heard that Pete and Oswald might make appearances in the future in the MK. Nothing certain yet tho... but we can dream!

--

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Dan.
0 permalink
5/5/2011 4:29 PM
Drew
Chip 'n' Dale
Drew

If plans hold up they're still coming
+2 permalink
5/5/2011 5:19 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Glad to hear they are still coming! and welcome Drew!

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+1 permalink
5/5/2011 8:06 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

DisneyDan Wrote:
We have also heard that Pete and Oswald might make appearances in the future in the MK. Nothing certain yet tho... but we can dream!

Well, Pete will be having his "Silly Sideshow" at the Storybook Circus, which I've always thought will be a character meet-and-greet area with Pete and possibly with other characters from the classic cartoons (though probably more "minor" ones, since the more "major" ones like Oswald, Clarabelle, Horace, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto and Chip & Dale might be taking up residence in the Town Square Theater, if the rumor comes true).
edited by disneyphilip on 5/5/2011
0 permalink
5/5/2011 8:13 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Loren Wrote:
I'm wondering if they truly are planning to have Oswald and Pete do meet-and-greets again in the park as there are also rumors that they will make their home at Disney California Adventure as well. Not sure if and when that will be. Perhaps when the construction is over. But, I really hope they do appear in California and it would make sense since, now, Disney California Adventure is supposed to represent the California Walt came to in the 1920s.

That's what I've been thinking too.

Especially since a lot of those classic shorts characters (Oswald, Pete, Clarabelle, Horace, the 3 Little Pigs, etc.) are featured so prominently on DCA's current construction walls as well as in the new stuff in that park, I can see them being made available for meet-and-greets at DCA.

This would indeed be a golden opportunity to add some more variety to the Disneyland Resort's character meet-and-greet offerings as well.
0 permalink
5/6/2011 10:03 AM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

disneyphilip Wrote:
This would indeed be a golden opportunity to add some more variety to the Disneyland Resort's character meet-and-greet offerings as well.

I absolutely agree, Philip.

As we all know, the Disneyland Resort has the poorest assortment of characters out and about on a given basis. I have hope, based on the response of the Family Fun Weekends and other things they've been doing, that this might eventually change. Disney California Adventure, once its said and done, would be the perfect place to highlight characters from Walt Disney's earlier days.

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
+3 permalink
5/6/2011 12:05 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Drew Wrote:
If plans hold up they're still coming

Most excellent!
Thanks, and welcome! Big Grin
edited by DisneyDan on 5/6/2011

--

Dan.
0 permalink
5/7/2011 12:34 PM
Captain Hook
Chip 'n' Dale
Captain Hook

I think it would be better if oswald apeared himeself!

--
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5121/5358075496_61e82c8825.jpg
0 permalink
5/9/2011 4:30 PM
Drew
Chip 'n' Dale
Drew

PeterPanFan Wrote:
Glad to hear they are still coming! and welcome Drew!

Thanks. I think Pete will be a good addition.
+2 permalink
the topic is closed |