Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » Unscheduled Meets

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
8/23/2015 10:19 AM
Belleboy Alex
Chip 'n' Dale
Belleboy Alex

Hiya
I'm going to WDW in a week or so! - very excited.
Just wondering if you have any tips for meeting Characters that aren't part of the 'scheduled' programme? Do there tend to be random 'walkabout' characters showing up? Or indeed 'scheduled' walkabout characters which aren't listed in the Programme?
Thanks! Big Grin
0 permalink
8/23/2015 12:46 PM
360 Degrees of Disney
Peter Pan
360 Degrees of Disney

In Disney World very few characters ever walk around. There is always a chance of Epcot training but there is no guarentee. Lots of characters are unscheduled characters but they are the same every day.
0 permalink
8/23/2015 2:21 PM
twor
Peter Pan
twor

There's a lot of characters who meet in the same spot at the same times everyday but do not appear on the times guide. For completely unscheduled characters look for the Tweedles by the Tea Cups and Suzy and Perla in Fantasyland. Also Meeko sometimes appears with Pocahontas and a Penguin may appear with Mary Poppins in the Magic Kingdom. The Genie has also popped up recently with Aladdin and Jasmine also at MK. Random characters also sometimes appear at the Animal Kingdom. I've seen Terk and Flik out in the past few weeks and Brer Bear was out a few days ago. I wouldn't rely on any of these though, they are pretty random
Also check out Character Palooza at the Studios. It's changed recently so is a lot harder to find but random characters appear around the Studios too.
0 permalink
8/23/2015 2:45 PM
kingpreston
Mickey Mouse
kingpreston

Yeah, when I went to WDW this past spring break, the Tweedles were meeting by the Tea Cups.
0 permalink
8/23/2015 2:50 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

There are often characters by the entrance/exit area of Animal Kingdom - near the car park.
I saw Meeko, Ratcliffe and Thumper i think....it's usually between 4pm-5:30pm but maybe a local can confirm it?

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
0 permalink
8/23/2015 3:50 PM
HippyDisneyGuy
Chip 'n' Dale
HippyDisneyGuy

The "Unscheduled Characters" are the best! I don't have much to add...simply wish they had more of these! My family and I have run across a few at the exact same areas everyone has already listed.

Epcot: We are always on the hunt when we are walking around Epcot. The International gateway and the left side of the America pavilion have been the most fruitful areas for random characters for us.

Animal Kingdom: We have had some luck meeting Rafiki and Timon at the entrance...we usually found them at the time of the park opening

Magic Kingdom: The Royal Majesty Makers... Lady Llewellyn & Tobias Quick (Cinderella's assistants) are fun to meet directly behind the castle and near the carousel...the are scheduled walkabout characters that can be approached and talked to. They sign autographs.

Good Luck!
0 permalink