Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Character Central News and Discussion » Website Ideas and Suggestions

Upcoming features, suggestions and ideas, bug reporting etc
pages: 1 2 3 |
6/16/2014 8:32 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Don't forget you can support Character Central from the homepage or by following this link...
http://www.charactercentral.net/SiteContent.aspx?SiteContentId=8
edited by DisneyMart on 6/16/2014

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
+2 permalink
6/16/2014 11:00 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Thank you everyone... really appreciate the kind words

We do what we can and honestly with over 150,000 pictures of the Disney parks and characters it amazes me someone can still complain about not enough pictures ROFL.

As others have said... sadly this is just a hobby for us and it doesn't make us money and we put a lot of time effort and our own money into this site... if you have ideas and suggestions for new features on the site we would love to hear them... but unless you are going to pay for us to go somewhere for something complaints that we don't have some particular picture/character aren't really helpful (especially when we do have it like a page for Oswald LOL)

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+2 permalink
6/16/2014 12:12 PM
Jackie1996
Chip 'n' Dale
Jackie1996

I think it would be cool if people could see where they saw a character. For example instead of just saying which park, it would be cool if you could add in where you saw them as well. I think this would be really helpful especially for people planning a trip. For example I met Mulan in DLP in March, so there could be the option to click DLP (On where you met this character) then it could ask you to pick if it was studios or the main park, then which part of the studio she was in?

This made so much more sense in my head =L
+2 permalink
6/16/2014 1:30 PM
DisneyDuckLover
Thumper
DisneyDuckLover

RogerDreamfinder Wrote:
Honestly, you need to update a lot of the characters. For one, Roger has been appearing much more often, yet there's only pictures from DDF. There's also the fact that Oswald is a regular now, but there is no page for him.

Manners cost nothing, and what the boys have done is absolutely incredible. There is such a great community here, we all help each other and are friends, if you want info on Roger, then just ask someone, between us, we probably know what's happening.

--
Blog: http://DisneyDuckLover.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyDuckLover
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/disneyducklover/
--
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PHOTO UPDATES OF MY TRIPS TO THE PARKS!
+3 permalink
5/8/2016 7:36 PM
sorcererminnie
Minnie Mouse
sorcererminnie

Will Joy and Sadness be added to the list of characters since they are now meeting at EPCOT Character Spot?
0 permalink
5/8/2016 7:48 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Once we have met them in a couple of weeks' time, then yes

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
5/8/2016 8:35 PM
sorcererminnie
Minnie Mouse
sorcererminnie

Awesome! Can't wait to add them to my profile.
0 permalink
5/9/2016 8:36 AM
wuzzles
Mickey Mouse
wuzzles

Hi Dan & Jon, I'm new here; this is a great website!

Just a few things:

1. Are you going to add Shanghai Disneyland to the list of parks? I'm going there next month and it would be great to be able to mark the characters I meet there. Plus I believe that the "trial opening" began last Saturday (7th May) and so there may even be people on here who have already met the characters there!
2. Here's my feature suggestion: Would it be possible, when tracking if you have "met" a character, to have different checkboxes for whether you have "seen" or "met" a character? In my eyes, there's a difference between having "seen" a character (e.g. in a parade at a Disney park) and having "met" them (had your photo taken with them, or got their autograph etc)
3. Is there anywhere on the website where users can share their photos (photo URLs) of character sightings/meets, in a similar way to what is done over at WDW Insiders? That's a great feature of their site, but unfortunately only for WDW. I love how you are covering all the parks!!

Thanks again!
0 permalink
5/9/2016 8:46 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

1. Once we have visited Shanghai then it will be added to the site.
2 and 3. We don't have any plans to add those features to the website at this time, but we do consider all feedback for the future.

--

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Dan.
+1 permalink
5/9/2016 11:59 AM
wuzzles
Mickey Mouse
wuzzles

DisneyDan Wrote:
Hi, thanks for the feedback.

1. Once we have visited Shanghai then it will be added to the site.
2 and 3. We don't have any plans to add those features to the website at this time, but we do consider all feedback for the future.

Thanks a lot for replying! So, would you recommend to tick a character as "met" only if you have "met" them 1-1? Or for non-meetable characters, would you tick "met" if you had just seen them? I know it's probably personal preference but I'm interested in your views as you are the trendsetters
0 permalink
5/9/2016 12:35 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Ultimately it is up to you how you use the system, but it was designed with the purpose in mind of ticking off the ones you have met. However, if you want to use it differently, that is up to you!

--

Dan.
+1 permalink
5/9/2016 3:36 PM
wuzzles
Mickey Mouse
wuzzles

DisneyDan Wrote:
Ultimately it is up to you how you use the system, but it was designed with the purpose in mind of ticking off the ones you have met. However, if you want to use it differently, that is up to you!

Thank you! That's really useful information
0 permalink
11/25/2016 2:57 PM
dkrouse1
Mickey Mouse
dkrouse1

I've just recently started collecting tsum tsums and found your plush character section where I can mark off what I own. I've been using a Word document which isn't super easy but the way the site has you mark them off and then view them isn't great either. Is there a way to lay out the characters so you can choose if you own them with a pop up or right next to the characters so you don't have to go to a separate page, choose, then go back to the original page. It's kinda tedious and takes forever if you own a few like I do. Also, it would be nice to see what you own and don't by collection similar to how you show the collections. Maybe a check mark next to what you own or a colored bar or something?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 |