Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Head-to-toe character photos? - Goofy's Incredible Christmas

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
11/22/2017 11:10 PM
fluffyjackal
Mickey Mouse
fluffyjackal

Does anyone have photos of the characters from "Goofy's Incredible Christmas" that are not cut off at the waist?

I was impressed with almost everything about the recent "Goofy's Incredible Christmas" show at DLP...
....except for the plastic "snow" at the edge of the stage that covers up the characters!!

What the heck Disney? this isn't the Muppet show, where you need to hide the entire lower half of of everything on stage.
This is a stage show with DANCING where you can't even see anyone's legs or feet! Could you imagine seeing a ballet where they covered
up the lower half of the stage?

I have poked through about a dozen or so HD videos, and either the camera is near the front of the stage where the characters are cut in half,
or so far in the back that you can almost see from the thigh-up, but they have to zoom in just to see that much
(and don't do it often because they are back there to mostly film the projections).

As crisp as the Character Central photos of this event are, their efforts are sabotaged by Disney's terrible choice for set design...

It looks like they're stuck in 3 feet of snow! http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4560/24659980228_457aa4d8cd_b.jpg
Minnie is wearing a full Ballerina outfit, and you can't even see how she dances... *face palm* What a failure.
This is a slap in the face to the costume designers, and even more to the dancing character performers on stage.

- Does anyone have photos taken from a higher vantage point or further away from the stage
so we can see the FULL costumes from head to toe?
- Is anyone planning on going to DLP who can get some photos or HD video like that?
0 permalink
11/22/2017 11:15 PM
fluffyjackal
Mickey Mouse
fluffyjackal

(I can only assume that the "snow" is hiding some tehnical stuff. But I've seen a LOT of stage shows at Disney and elsewhere, and regardless of props and other things that need to be hidden from sight, this has to be the WORST case of vantage point sabotage I've ever seen anywhere! And if it's just there for decoration, then somebody on set design needs to be demoted.)
edited by fluffyjackal on 11/22/2017
0 permalink
11/30/2017 9:28 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

I honestly don't think anyone would be able to get that angle. We were there two weeks ago and it's a very high stage.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink