Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » Hades and other topics

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
9/1/2011 6:41 PM
rodnyelectro
rodnyelectro

Hi everybody im new on the forum Im bringing just a couple of info that I checked today at the Magic Kingdom:

As far as a cm told me, Hades participation in the MNSSHP is on the line, that is a regular-bad new, but the good new is that apparently if he comes out for the party, it will be the big Hades that used to appear at the Star and Motor Car Parade at Hollywood Studio, MGM.

Nobody knows about the old and obscure character participation throught October for the 40th anniversary...

That's all...have a good weekend!!
+1 permalink
9/1/2011 8:37 PM
PeterPanFan
Administrator
PeterPanFan

Welcome to the forums! We will keep our fingers crossed for Hades to appear! and hopefully the rumors about the 40th come true too! Have a good weekend also!

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+1 permalink
9/3/2011 3:18 AM
Disney-Me
Disney-Me

I hope Hades makes an appearance during the Halloween season this year. The best thing about this is that he will make an appearance in the same look as we know him. I was very shocked when I heard that he might be a face character. Imagine Hades as a face character, NO WAY, its impossible. I'm begining to think that Disney started to loose sight of its purpose and nature of running things. But its good to know that they are still in the right state of mind.

Even though the topic about the three fairies being face characters in Paris during the christmas new show disapointed me, I still hope this doesn't come to be true. Because the three fairies in Paris are non-face characters just as in WDW and TDR. It would be wierd if they suddenly decided to make the change. Especially since they are non-face characters in the Fantillusion parade in Paris. This is not how they are supposed to make the Disney magic happen.
edited by Disney-Me on 9/3/2011

--
As far as I remember, you have always been my dearest friend ❤️ You make me feel like what your name is....HAPPY
0 permalink
4/5/2012 12:36 PM
jbradnash
jbradnash

I am hoping Hades will make an appearance at the Tower of Terror 10 Miler Run on the course swomewhere on Sept 29 ....
0 permalink
4/6/2012 1:40 AM
DisneyDan
Administrator
DisneyDan

Hades is such an awesome villain! I hope he is there for you at the run!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest news and rumours!

Dan.
+1 permalink
4/14/2012 7:43 PM
disneyphilip
disneyphilip

Let's hope they add Hades to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this year. He's the main villain in the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game, so why not?
0 permalink
4/15/2012 4:03 AM
DisneyDan
Administrator
DisneyDan

I have heard that part of the reason Hades doesn't get used is because he is too sinister looking, and guests complain he scares the children.
I personally think this is a bit ridiculous, but then it's just another excuse for them to not have the rarer characters out!
Also, I do believe he IS difficult for the "friends of Hades" to play, as he is so large and bulky, much like the Beast and the reason he doesn't get out much either.

--

Dan.
0 permalink
4/15/2012 7:52 AM
Rune
Rune

DisneyDan Wrote:
I have heard that part of the reason Hades doesn't get used is because he is too sinister looking, and guests complain he scares the children.
I personally think this is a bit ridiculous, but then it's just another excuse for them to not have the rarer characters out!

I have to agree on thinking the 'he's too sinister' spiel is a bit ridiculous. The first time I saw Hades on a friends photos from MNSSHP @ DL in 2010 (I think) I simply burst out laughing as he looked so goofy, the fluffy blue hair doesn't help matters but I guess they can't exactly ignite his head. It would be very neat to have him out over the Halloween period though, so hope springs eternal.

To be totally honest, I find Wendell of the Country Bears way scarier to look at than any of the villains Disney puts out.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 1:29 AM
disneyphilip
disneyphilip

I don't buy the whole "Hades is scary-looking" bit. I think that part was made up by someone who's not very knowledgable.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 5:57 AM
Frollo
Frollo

If that is to be correct, then I can see where people are coming from. In my opinion he is by far the scariest of all the characters who have ever been seen in the parks. Only closely rivalled by Shan Yu and yes, Wendell! Haha! Although I don't think he is scary, I do think he is the scariest and therefore some people would deem him too scary for children. (Don't forget some very young children think Chip and Dale are scary, it's all about personal perspective)

I was lucky enough to meet him in Paris back in October. I was so excited to meet him and was hoping the whole day that he would make an appearance, my girlfriend wasn't too convinced and when she saw him she wouldn't even have her photo taken with him because he looked so scary...

I do have to note that Hades was not being mobbed and only approached by adults who obviously appreciated how cool the costume is and how scary he looks because after all this is a place undeservedly and stereotypically associated with infants and he is quite the opposite to cuddly old Mickey! Hades and Shan Yu were the only characters that we simply walked up to and had photos with on the whole trip. Kids were about at the time and they were going crazy for Pain and Panic aswell as other Villains such as Prince John, Captain Hook and Cruella who were yards away. Just not Hades.

So to sum up, I think he is the scariest but still not scary too me and I can definately understand why non-character fans with younger children might complain. Especially if the role play is good. I remember him making really sharp movements and hurrying around the place away from fans.

Martin

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
Next Trip - Disneyland Paris 20th-21st April 2014
+1 permalink
4/16/2012 8:21 AM
DisneyDan
Administrator
DisneyDan

It's funny, everybody I know says they think Wendell is the scariest character ever!! Lol!

--

Dan.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 10:28 AM
jbradnash
jbradnash

WHAT A GREAT PHOTO ......... i THINK HE LOOKS AWESOME!

Frollo Wrote:
If that is to be correct, then I can see where people are coming from. In my opinion he is by far the scariest of all the characters who have ever been seen in the parks. Only closely rivalled by Shan Yu and yes, Wendell! Haha! Although I don't think he is scary, I do think he is the scariest and therefore some people would deem him too scary for children. (Don't forget some very young children think Chip and Dale are scary, it's all about personal perspective)

I was lucky enough to meet him in Paris back in October. I was so excited to meet him and was hoping the whole day that he would make an appearance, my girlfriend wasn't too convinced and when she saw him she wouldn't even have her photo taken with him because he looked so scary...

I do have to note that Hades was not being mobbed and only approached by adults who obviously appreciated how cool the costume is and how scary he looks because after all this is a place undeservedly and stereotypically associated with infants and he is quite the opposite to cuddly old Mickey! Hades and Shan Yu were the only characters that we simply walked up to and had photos with on the whole trip. Kids were about at the time and they were going crazy for Pain and Panic aswell as other Villains such as Prince John, Captain Hook and Cruella who were yards away. Just not Hades.

So to sum up, I think he is the scariest but still not scary too me and I can definately understand why non-character fans with younger children might complain. Especially if the role play is good. I remember him making really sharp movements and hurrying around the place away from fans.

Martin
0 permalink
4/16/2012 11:48 AM
Frollo
Frollo

Thanks, it's one of my favourties so couldn't resist posting it!

:0)

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
Next Trip - Disneyland Paris 20th-21st April 2014
0 permalink