Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » General News and Discussion » Missing character

Post-a-picture threads, scrapbooking ideas, general polls, photography tips, general chit-chat and more!
pages: 1 2 |
1/9/2012 2:10 PM
Tasha
Minnie Mouse
Tasha

Ok, I am a big fan of Lady and the Tramp, I own a cocker spaniel and with the release on 2/7 of the Diamond edition movie, I began searching for a Lady character. No luck, it seems I can't find one. So, I have come here to the character experts. Has there ever been a Lady character seen in a Disney Park?
edited by Tasha on 1/9/2012

--
Tasha & Tasha 2.0
Tasha@MickeysFanClub.com
http://MickeysFanClub.com
0 permalink
1/9/2012 2:15 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Unless I am mistaken, there has never been a Lady or Tramp character in the parks.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest news and rumours!

Dan.
0 permalink
1/9/2012 3:54 PM
Tasha
Minnie Mouse
Tasha

I guess there is not much we can do about this. Disapointed, and they are stars in the movie. Are there other main Disney Characters that are missing?

--
Tasha & Tasha 2.0
Tasha@MickeysFanClub.com
0 permalink
1/9/2012 6:17 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yeah, sadly there are some main characters who have never made it into park characters Most have at some point although sadly many were only around for a short time never to be seen again (for example many of the cats from Aristocats, various characters from Oliver and Company, and many others). Some others I dont believe have ever made it into park form are any of the Dalmatians from 101 Dalmatians.

I think it is surprising that Lady and the Tramp have never made it to the parks as they are pretty popular characters. The only Lady and the Tramp character I know they had at some point was Tony who used to meet at Tony's Town Square Restaurant for Grand Gatherings.
edited by PeterPanFan on 1/9/2012

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
4/16/2012 7:07 AM
Amz785
Minnie Mouse
Amz785

DisneyDan Wrote:
Unless I am mistaken, there has never been a Lady or Tramp character in the parks.

I never realised that, thats kind of sad you'd think they would have had them there at some point bearing in mind it was quite a big film at the time it came out
0 permalink
4/16/2012 9:20 AM
Shiva
Chip 'n' Dale
Shiva

My guess is that the decision to not have most Disney dogs and cats as meetable characters is the fact that in films like Lady and the Tramp the animals are very realistic (i.e. they walk on 4 legs), which none of the theme park characters that you actually meet do (too awkward to pull off). The definite exceptions that come to mind are Pluto, Marie, and Eeyore, who all stand and walk on two legs like people when you meet them. If they ever figure out how to make a good meetable character walking on four legs, they could expand a lot with it: think Simba, Dumbo, & Bambi in addition to Lady, Tramp, Pongo, etc. Simba appears in parades on floats, but I don't think anyone ever actually meets him...

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
4/16/2012 10:11 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Yes, a lot of Disney dogs and cats look awkward as characters.

Bolt, Mittens and Marie spring to mind immediately. They just don't look right at all!

I have no idea how they could make 4 legged characters look better. If they do then it would open up a whole new horizon. With characters from 101 Dalmations, Aristocats, Fox and the Hound etc all embracing the new look. But until then..

Some work (Pluto, Eeyore, Dug) and some obviously don't..

But again this is personal perspective and I see other people think Marie works well.

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next trips:
Christmas at Disneyland Paris 24th December 2014 - 26th December 2014
Honeymoon at Disneyland Paris 23rd June 2014 - 29th June 2014

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
4/16/2012 12:05 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

I think that the ones they currently have all work fairly well. It's just whether you allow yourself to believe it's possible for that character to do that or not

--

Dan.
+1 permalink
4/16/2012 12:19 PM
Tasha
Minnie Mouse
Tasha

Both Tramp and Lady talk, why can't they walk on 2 legs at the park, I'm ok with it. I've never seen a mouse walk on 2 legs.

--
Tasha & Tasha 2.0
Tasha@MickeysFanClub.com
0 permalink
4/16/2012 12:31 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Lol Tasha, you are quite right of course! :P

--

Dan.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 12:52 PM
3BluEyedBabies
Mickey Mouse
3BluEyedBabies

I would love to see Lady, Tramp, Simba, and Nala; even if they are like Pluto & Eeyore on two legs! It's all in the imagination and I loved meeting both Pluto and Eeyore and honestly, at the time, I didn't even think about the fact that they were standing like humans!
0 permalink
4/16/2012 1:09 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I have never questioned Eeyore or Pluto. It is so strange, but yes... it is all part of the magic!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next trips:

0 permalink
4/17/2012 8:39 AM
Amz785
Minnie Mouse
Amz785

maybe if the technology develops enough they could do some kind of anamatronic type thing... obv it would have to be realsitic enough and allow for interaction to make it work though
0 permalink
4/17/2012 9:22 AM
Tasha
Minnie Mouse
Tasha

Still, I'm not sure I would like seeining Mickey & Minnie scurring away on all fours.

--
Tasha & Tasha 2.0
Tasha@MickeysFanClub.com
0 permalink
4/17/2012 1:50 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Oh no definately not Tasha.

But nobody is complaining about Mickey and Minnie.

They stand in the films and cartoons too so that's how the visual is made. Whereas the Lady and the Tramp characters, Bolt, Marie etc. do not.

Martin :0)

--

Next trips:

0 permalink
4/17/2012 3:25 PM
Panchito
Minnie Mouse
Panchito

Speaking of 4 legged-characters:

edited by Panchito on 4/17/2012
0 permalink
4/18/2012 3:26 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Why doesn't Roo do meet and greets he would be so popular!!

I didn't know he existed outisde of the Kanga costume. That's why I love this website!

Great pictures though Panchito!

--

Next trips:

0 permalink
4/23/2012 10:24 AM
Mirella
Mickey Mouse
Mirella

Roo would be great to take a photo with
0 permalink
4/23/2012 1:38 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Panchito Wrote:
Speaking of 4 legged-characters:

edited by Panchito on 4/17/2012

Not to mention...
0 permalink
4/24/2012 12:24 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

The problem with the 4 legged characters is that it is dangerous for the "friends", and also it requires TWO friends to be with one character, which of course is not cost effective.

--

Dan.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 |