Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Tokyo Disney Resort News and Rumors » Anna and Elsa

Discuss Tokyo Disney Resort news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
the topic is closed |
12/8/2013 7:29 AM
deedragongirl
Mickey Mouse
deedragongirl

Are they going to come to Tokyo Disneyland too?

--
Just Like We Dream It!
0 permalink
12/8/2013 11:25 AM
DisneyEmma
Peter Pan
DisneyEmma

Right now it doesn't look like it. They don't even have Tiana.
0 permalink
12/8/2013 8:56 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

I am sure if Frozen becomes popular in Japan there is a chance they could appear there; however, it probably wouldn't be immediately... too bad they don't have Olaf in the parks... there probably would have been a better chance of him appearing in Tokyo if he had made a park appearance. Overall, I think the chances of a new face character appearing in Tokyo are much lower than new animated characters.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
12/9/2013 6:14 AM
twor
Peter Pan
twor

They're more likely to appear in Tokyo than Tiana is. It is more difficult to find friends of face characters in Tokyo and if someone is friends with Tiana they are never friends with anybody else so it makes it difficult for her to be in Tokyo. People can be friends with Anna or Elsa and still be friends with other characters. However, Merida hasn't shown up so this can't be the only reason.
0 permalink
12/9/2013 8:10 AM
Ryo
Stitch
Ryo

In Japan, Mickey & Friends or animal characters are more popular than Face characters like Prince or Princess.
So, If Ana & Elsa will be popular, they may be come to Tokyo.
I think the reason Tiana has not come Tokyo yet is that it is difficult to find the cast member suitable for Tiana.
And also Tiana is not popular here...

I think cast member playing Ana & Elsa will be easier to find than Tiana.
There is possibility!

"Frozen" is reveal in March 2014 in Japan. It's very later than other countries.
So, we can find Ana & Elsa can be popular or not next spring.
0 permalink
12/9/2013 11:31 AM
Steering Wheel
Mickey Mouse
Steering Wheel

I'm dying to meet them in Tokyo!
Hope they will be as popular as Rapunzel and Flynn!

FYI...it took TDR a year and 4 months to have Rapunzel and Flynn.
I'm always bummed that our expectation for characters in new film is hardly ever known by the company
TDS used to have Iridessa (just for 4 months in total though), so I guess it's NOT impossible to have Tiana even in Japan...
but OLC seems to want to have the "minimum" number of face character cast necessary (they actually reduced the number compared to last year)..
So we may not be able to ask for too much?
Only the company knows! lol
edited by Steering Wheel on 12/9/2013
0 permalink
12/9/2013 8:46 PM
JqLw
Stitch
JqLw

Ryo Wrote:
In Japan, Mickey & Friends or animal characters are more popular than Face characters like Prince or Princess.
I think the reason Tiana has not come Tokyo yet is that it is difficult to find the cast member suitable for Tiana.

There is possibility!

"Frozen" is reveal in March 2014 in Japan. It's very later than other countries.

That makes sense, so I guess Mulan and most villains are not very popular in Japan either?
0 permalink
12/10/2013 9:13 AM
Ryo
Stitch
Ryo

Disneyfan Wrote:
Ryo Wrote:

There is possibility!

That makes sense, so I guess Mulan and most villains are not very popular in Japan either?

You're right. Mulan is not popular, and is not well known in Japan.
Villains are also not popular. Some children are scared of them...
0 permalink
12/10/2013 9:31 AM
deedragongirl
Mickey Mouse
deedragongirl

Really, I always thought that Mulan didn't appear was because it has something to do with history.

--
Just Like We Dream It!
0 permalink
12/10/2013 10:14 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

That... makes a little bit of sense, actually. Mulan is a hero of Chinese folklore, and Japan and China haven't had the best of relations. Certainly not at the moment.
0 permalink
12/11/2013 4:23 PM
Disneydude94
Mickey Mouse
Disneydude94

Same thing when Timon, Rafiki, and Hyenas are not in Japan anymore since the history.

--
Andrew Sanchez

"Our only hope that I never loose side of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.sanchez.14855
0 permalink
12/12/2013 12:25 AM
JqLw
Stitch
JqLw

Then how come there are Pocahontas and Esmeralda? I do love them, but from what I know their movies aren't the most popular... Not complaining though 😊

When I went to TDL, I was bummed that I didn't meet Pocahontas, but it was a pleasant surprise to see Esmeralda. And in TDS, Ariel even tried to pair me up with her sisters! I guess I wouldn't mind if they weren't fictional haha
edited by Disneyfan on 12/12/2013
0 permalink
12/12/2013 10:13 PM
mattblack
Angel
mattblack

It depends on what you mean by popular. Both were very commercially successful on their initial theatrical runs. Colors of the Wind is regarded as one of the best Disney songs, and Frollo is regarded as one of the better Disney villains (certainly, I've seen many people say his villain song is the best).

Again, it's probably political/ cultural reasons as to why Mulan isn't popular in Japan.
0 permalink
6/20/2014 7:06 AM
deedragongirl
Mickey Mouse
deedragongirl

That's kinda sad that Mulan isn't popular in Japan.......

--
Just Like We Dream It!
0 permalink
6/20/2014 8:30 AM
Logan J. Kelly
Chip 'n' Dale
Logan J. Kelly

Disney Fan Wrote:
Then how come there are Pocahontas and Esmeralda? I do love them, but from what I know their movies aren't the most popular... Not complaining though 😊

When I went to TDL, I was bummed that I didn't meet Pocahontas, but it was a pleasant surprise to see Esmeralda. And in TDS, Ariel even tried to pair me up with her sisters! I guess I wouldn't mind if they weren't fictional haha
edited by Disneyfan on 12/12/2013

Your best chance for Pocahontas is in WDW at DAK, or at Hollywood Studios before Fantasmic! She is regular at DAK, and at the Random Character Pop-ups.
0 permalink
6/24/2014 3:08 PM
Greg
Stitch
Greg

I can't wait to meet Anna and Elsa when I arrived before the crowd. They will arrived after park open.
0 permalink
the topic is closed |