Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Disneyland News and Rumors » Al Lutz Reports Rare Characters To Be Out During One More Disney Day at Disneyland

Discuss Disneyland Resort news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
2/8/2012 9:53 AM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

In today's MiceChat Round-Up, Al Lutz answered a question about possible special entertainment going on during One More Disney Day on February 29. While nothing is set in stone until Disney actually announces it, I hope that Al is correct about what he's reported in regards to characters. In the report, he says:

The Entertainment department is also planning to roll out a stream of Characters all night long, both famous and not so famous, as TDA knows the majority of the visitors coming that night will be diehard Disneyland fans who appreciate those rare Character sightings. Also still being bandied about is a late night performance of Mickey’s Soundsational Parade, after the first parade of the evening is performed at 7:00PM. Steve Davison always insists plenty of lighting be installed on Disneyland’s parade floats, thus Soundsational really sparkles at night and a late night showing is on TDA’s party menu.

He also says that they are planning a 1:00 am showing of Fantasmic! to launch the show's spring and summer performance schedule.

Again, this should be treated as rumor as Disney is also notorious for changing things up last minute. But, it does give me a reason to go to One More Disney Day if this is true. Also, this news is only applicable to Disneyland, although, I can't imagine Walt Disney World wouldn't plan something similar.

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
0 permalink
2/8/2012 9:58 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

That is good news if it is true! Sadly from what we have heard WDW isn't planning the same thing... basically from the sounds of it they are just treating it as a really long EMH meaning possibly some characters (but just the normal ones) and attractions being open... we have heard that Phineas and Ferb *may* be out but that would be about it for special characters :\

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
2/8/2012 10:50 AM
GRUMPY N.Y. MIKE
Chip 'n' Dale
GRUMPY N.Y. MIKE

Loren Wrote:
In today's MiceChat Round-Up, Al Lutz answered a question about possible special entertainment going on during One More Disney Day on February 29. While nothing is set in stone until Disney actually announces it, I hope that Al is correct about what he's reported in regards to characters. In the report, he says:

The Entertainment department is also planning to roll out a stream of Characters all night long, both famous and not so famous, as TDA knows the majority of the visitors coming that night will be diehard Disneyland fans who appreciate those rare Character sightings. Also still being bandied about is a late night performance of Mickey’s Soundsational Parade, after the first parade of the evening is performed at 7:00PM. Steve Davison always insists plenty of lighting be installed on Disneyland’s parade floats, thus Soundsational really sparkles at night and a late night showing is on TDA’s party menu.

He also says that they are planning a 1:00 am showing of Fantasmic! to launch the show's spring and summer performance schedule.

Again, this should be treated as rumor as Disney is also notorious for changing things up last minute. But, it does give me a reason to go to One More Disney Day if this is true. Also, this news is only applicable to Disneyland, although, I can't imagine Walt Disney World wouldn't plan something similar.

That sounds great.Is it a parade with famous and not so famous characters or is a actual meet and greet.I wish they would announce it soon because im off work now and both my sister and mom work as flight attendants for jet blue which means we can fly free down there.We love rare characters if you hear any further news please let me know because we always wanted to go to Disneyland cali.Thx Loren, mike
0 permalink
2/8/2012 1:38 PM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

Jon - That's too bad about Walt Disney World. It might be due to the different types of visitors to each resort. While Walt Disney World has its share of annual passholders, the vast majority of visitors are, I'm sure, tourists. Disneyland, the majority of visitors tend to be annual passholders. And, given the different kind of events such as the Dia de Los Tres Reyes, Lunar New Year and Mardi Gras, I'm thinking Disneyland is finally getting the message that its passholders actually like to meet rare characters.

Mike - From what I'm understanding, it will be meet-and-greet opportunities with rare characters throughout the night. However, they will most likely do a run of Mickey's Soundsational parade that night as well. Again, unless Disney actually says it, this all has to be treated as rumor. But, while Al Lutz has been wrong in the past, he has also been right as well. So, I'm hoping that he's right in this case. Anyway, I will be sure to report anything I hear about One More Disney Day here on the forums, so, keep an eye out!

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

0 permalink
2/8/2012 5:55 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

PeterPanFan Wrote:
That is good news if it is true! Sadly from what we have heard WDW isn't planning the same thing... basically from the sounds of it they are just treating it as a really long EMH meaning possibly some characters (but just the normal ones) and attractions being open... we have heard that Phineas and Ferb *may* be out but that would be about it for special characters :\

I hope whoever told you that turns out to be wrong.

Loren Wrote:
Jon - That's too bad about Walt Disney World. It might be due to the different types of visitors to each resort. While Walt Disney World has its share of annual passholders, the vast majority of visitors are, I'm sure, tourists. Disneyland, the majority of visitors tend to be annual passholders.

That used to be true, but not anymore. Especially with the Disney Vacation Club gaining more and more members every year.
edited by disneyphilip on 2/8/2012
0 permalink
2/10/2012 1:30 AM
Vectron
Chip 'n' Dale
Vectron

Yeah, I personally wouldn't count on TDO arranging something like this. -Maybe- something minor, but that's really just how TDO operates. From what I've observed, it's kinda monolithic and sterile. Not receptive and inventive like TDA.

That said though, I can't get enough of these events. When I have the time available, I love just spending a day in the parks with friends and soaking it all up. The best word to describe them is "thoughtful". They're fun, well executed, and ultimately unforgettable. It just puts an even bigger smile on my face.
+1 permalink
2/10/2012 6:44 AM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

TDO does not make every decision on the property. And the whole thing accussing them of being "monolothic and sterile" is just that--a false accussation.

To borrow a quote from the recent issue of WDW News Today magazine:

Nothing gets the fan community as riled up as a discussion about Disney Company management. Which is odd considering that management is probably the aspect of the company least understood by fans. Even those within the Disney Company have a difficult time understanding the areas of responsibility and decision-making for each executive, so it's nearly impossible for those of us on the outside to fully grasp who is making what decisions. Many in the fan community seem to have the impression that someone like Bob Iger or even Meg Crofton are intimately involved with every park decision. This is unrealistic as it is misguided. However, this has never stopped management changes from being a popular topic among fans, and 2011 provided a plethora of changes.
edited by disneyphilip on 2/10/2012
0 permalink
2/10/2012 6:54 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

While I agree that "TDO" ie the WDW Executive Team does not make every decision about everything in WDW they do set the overall mindset about how decisions are made at the resort and I am sure they control the budget that results in some of the smaller decisions being made. In the end... the WDW executives are responsible for all the decisions even if they don't make each and every one and you can't tell me that they don't have control over bigger decisions like getting new parades (or at least the budgets that would allow or not allow new parades)... and what do we have... the same parades in Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom for 10 years.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+1 permalink
2/10/2012 7:38 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Well, we're still in the midst of the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression. Unlike DL, WDW has a much larger property to take care of.

And all the current rehabs and construction projects (especially the Fantasyland expansion) seem to be getting bigger budgets than Entertainment right now. Hopefully, Entertainment will start getting bigger budgets again after the new Fantasyland opens, thus enabling them to bring in brand-new parades and shows, extra character meet-and-greets (which are coming as part of the new Fantasyland anyway), etc.

We just have to look at both sides of the coin.
0 permalink
2/13/2012 8:35 PM
Captain Hook
Chip 'n' Dale
Captain Hook

I have not heard anything from the main mouse so im not sure on this although he always has a trick up his sleeve i belive he wil not dissapoint!

--
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5121/5358075496_61e82c8825.jpg
+1 permalink
2/21/2012 4:14 PM
Shiva
Chip 'n' Dale
Shiva

Oh, I am so looking forward to seeing anyone's pics of Soundsational at night! I'm sure it will be incredibly beautiful all lit up!

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
+1 permalink
2/21/2012 4:48 PM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

Shiva Wrote:
Oh, I am so looking forward to seeing anyone's pics of Soundsational at night! I'm sure it will be incredibly beautiful all lit up!

I don't know if you've seen, but Dan, Jon and I actually got to see a night time performance of Soundsational during an Annual Passholder event Disneyland held.

Dan's pictures are here:

http://www.charactercentral.net/Forum/topic311-disneyland-annual-passholder-soundsational-parade-event-12th-october.aspx

Mine are here:

http://charactercentral.net/Forum/topic308-disneyland-resort-character-update--ap-soundsational-event-oct-12-and-2011-choc-walk-oct-16.aspx

Dan's are better.

But, I'll be going and hoping to catch at least one performance of Soundsational that evening. So, keep an eye out for more photos.

--

+1 permalink