Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Disneyland News and Rumors » Al Lutz Reports Citizens of Buena Vista Street to come to Disney California Adventure

Discuss Disneyland Resort news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
2/21/2012 10:13 AM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

I was just reading Al Lutz's recent column on MiceAge]click here where he reported on various updates to Disney California Adventure's upcoming Buena Vista Street. Among the things he reported was that TDA will soon be auditioning for the "Citizens of Buena Vista Street," which will be roaming streetmosphere characters akin to the "Citizens of Hollywood" at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida. Again, while nothing is set in stone until Disney says so, this news brings me great joy!

Here's what he says in his report:

TDA’s Entertainment Department will soon be auditioning actors and actresses to be the first group of the “Citizens of Buena Vista Street”, a diverse group of 1920’s Southern California characters who will wander the street and DCA’s entrance area interacting with the tourists. Taking inspiration more from the popular “Citizens of Hollywood” streetmosphere performers at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the citizens of Buena Vista Street will stroll the sidewalks and help bring the 1920’s vibe to life in this new land. It’s another late addition, but something that the TDA team realized was needed for the opening summer regardless of the budget overrun.

Al also reports that a Newsboy show will be taking place on Buena Vista Street. Concept art for this show had been seen at the Blue Sky Cellar, but it has seen disappeared. So, nobody knew the future of the show or if this was an early concept. So, it will be exciting to see this show. But, again, all of this is just rumor until Disney announces it.

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
0 permalink
2/21/2012 2:17 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Thanks for the info as always Loren!
We always love seeing the Citizens of Main Street and Hollywood at WDW's parks.
They add some depth to the park's atmosphere.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest news and rumours!

Dan.
0 permalink
2/21/2012 5:08 PM
Maleficent Freak
Chip 'n' Dale
Maleficent Freak

Thanks Loren!
I've never seen any citizens before so I am excited to see what they are like!

--
Connor
Follow me on Instagram for Disney pictures!
connor_rudolph
0 permalink