Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Disneyland Paris News and Rumors » Magic on Parade debuts!

Discuss Disneyland Paris news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
pages: 1 2 |
3/26/2012 5:02 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Today saw the debut of the "new" Disneyland Paris parade "Magic on Parade" Here is a great video from youTube user gochaton showing the whole parade:

It features a new soundtrack and several new characters including many "Magical" characters. Also, Mickey and friends appear in their 20th sorcerer outfits on the final float in the parade. While it reuses the floats from Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade, several have received extensive overhauls so it feels more like a new parade. I can't wait to see it in person in two weeks!
edited by PeterPanFan on 3/26/2012

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+1 permalink
3/28/2012 4:00 PM
Shiva
Chip 'n' Dale
Shiva

I just saw the video. The parade looks very nice. I kind of like the 3 Good Fairies on the rollers. It's kind of cheesy, but it does make them look like they are floating. I love that Merlin is there. The US parks need to bring him back. But I can't believe that they kept that ghastly Alice float. As long as that thing is in there, you will never get a live Alice in the parade... I also don't particularly like the shared floats that cross over between films (Alice/Pinocchio, Peter Pan/Mary Poppins), as I feel that each unit should be separately themed (like the Soundastional Parade at DLR). But overall, the video makes me want to go to DLRP.

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
3/31/2012 1:40 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I really hope the 3 good fairies would be back to non-face characters. I despise their new look as face characters.

Martin

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram

Snapchat: DisneyMart
0 permalink
4/3/2012 1:03 PM
mastromjm
Chip 'n' Dale
mastromjm

I'm liking the parade changes. Never seen the old parade in person, and probably will never see the new one in person either (my parents have no desire to travel overseas, or anywhere for that matter) but I think I've got a pretty good grasp on the parade.

The new opening float is very pretty, and up to the quality of the other floats. Personally, I prefer to see the fairies as face characters, even if they look a little younger than they should.

I agree with Shiva, the Alice float still bugs me, but it's great to see the White Rabbit on the streets.

On the London float, I'm upset that Wendy's gone but having both Peter and Hook on the ship makes me happier. It's a little awkward not having Bert on his horse, as now the second horse is empty and Mary rotates around the carousel alone.

I love the Fantasia influence of the finale float as well, and it does not look tacky as the concept art suggested. However, I question the lack of Pluto...and Daisy too...in preference of DUFFY? Really? Goofy and Duffy up on that float rather than Goofy and Pluto?

The music is a little repetitive and doesn't fit the theme of every float, but is still a really cute song. I applaud Disneyland Paris for breathing new life into an already great parade.
0 permalink
4/3/2012 1:29 PM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Shiva Wrote:
But I can't believe that they kept that ghastly Alice float.

Yeah I couldn't help but cringe myself when it rolled into view, they've certainly had their money's worth out of that one.

I love the rolling fairies and it's great to see a good selection of characters in there. I do love the horse drawn carriage 'floats', i remember seeing concept drawings for the and wondering if they'de ever follow through with them so now I'm a happy bunny indeed. Duffy ... meh, my jury's still out on him, I think if he *had* to be there I would have prefered to see him on the ground as opposed to on a float and let Pluto get back up there where he belongs.

Hoping to get over there for a couple of days in summer to see it for real.
edited by Rune on 4/3/2012
edited by Rune on 4/3/2012
0 permalink
4/5/2012 1:06 PM
Graham
Minnie Mouse
Graham

I must admit, I'm not the biggest fan of "rebranding" a parade. Something WDW is more than famous of doing. I hope DLP doesn't get in to too much of a habbit of it and we get a completely new parade for the 25th or sooner.
0 permalink
4/5/2012 3:13 PM
JustAnotherDisneyDork
Chip 'n' Dale
JustAnotherDisneyDork

I quite like it but song can get a bit anoying.
0 permalink
4/6/2012 1:34 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

The idea of having a repetitive song unfortunately is not a new idea, and is quite frequently used at all the parks for a variety of things. DLP were lucky the last 5 year with OUADP to have a quite diverse soundtrack, but I guess all good things come to an end!!
As for the Alice float, well I normally a strong supporter of all that DLP does, but the Alice float is my least favourite, but it's not because they have "reused it" - just because I can't stand the film much LOL! I think all the Alice characters are way overused in all the parks!

As for them having two stories on one float, again this is not a new idea, and actually is quite well executed when compared to say the god-awful Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade in the Magic Kingdom! Those floats truly are ancient, with some of them telling up to 4 or 5 stories each, on some mashed up weird looking float.

I'd take DLP's split floats and entire parade any day over the MK's parade!!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest news and rumours!

Dan.
0 permalink
4/11/2012 4:45 PM
Graham
Minnie Mouse
Graham

I really think this parade could of had a gorgeous soundtrack for each float if they'd have had the budget. Then used "Magic Everywhere" as the show-stop song. Oh, well. The parade is wonderful as it is.
0 permalink
4/12/2012 2:18 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

I STILL can't get over the faries and fairy god mother as face characters. I suppose I'll always be opposed to it.

Fingers crossed they never bring back 'face character genie'!

:0)

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

0 permalink
4/13/2012 2:01 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Frollo Wrote:
I STILL can't get over the faries and fairy god mother as face characters. I suppose I'll always be opposed to it.

I'm used to Fairy Godmother as a face charrie as she meets n greets at magic kingdom but the Fairies will take some getting used to, although I'm not wholly opposed as the fur costume masks always made them seem a little frowny / crotchetty to me as opposed to benevolent. i guess I'll decide properly when I hopefully see the parade live.

Frollo Wrote:
Fingers crossed they never bring back 'face character genie'!

:0)

O_O Ohhhhh do I ever hear you! Genie is my favourite Disney character but he was just WRONG on so many levels *shudder*
0 permalink
4/13/2012 4:06 AM
Graham
Minnie Mouse
Graham

I think the three fairies look way better as face characters, their faces before always seemed so lifeless and their eyes always creeped me out. lol.
0 permalink
4/13/2012 5:13 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Hah, exactly, there did look kind of vacant / unseeing. It'll will be nice to see them actually smiling & so on.
0 permalink
4/13/2012 7:58 AM
Graham
Minnie Mouse
Graham

Yes! And the new technology to make them appear "floating" is amazing! I'm actually surprised it debuted at DLP and not one of the US resorts since that's where new technology is normally tested or introduced first.
0 permalink
4/15/2012 4:11 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

We are pretty surprised by the floating technology too, but I'm certainly not complaining!

--

Dan.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 2:46 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

It is a nice trick!

--

0 permalink
4/16/2012 5:28 AM
Graham
Minnie Mouse
Graham

Does anyone know how it's done? I've been thinking about it and still can't seem to work it out, lol!
0 permalink
4/16/2012 8:16 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

It is some sort of Segway technology, but quite how they control them I've no idea. They are on wheels I know that for sure!

--

Dan.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 10:00 AM
Graham
Minnie Mouse
Graham

That's interesting, I wonder if hands-free segways exist. If they do that's probably what they're using then.
0 permalink
7/11/2013 6:09 AM
Disney girl
Chip 'n' Dale
Disney girl

Maybe it is to make the floats move easier

--
LOL
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 |