Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » More Character Changes at DAK

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
pages: 1 2 |
3/27/2012 8:05 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Flik is no longer meeting at Animal Kingdom and has been replaced by Russell and Dug from Up. While I am sad to see Flik leave at least they replaced him with two new characters who haven't been seen regularly at WDW in awhile.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
3/31/2012 3:28 PM
GRUMPY N.Y. MIKE
Chip 'n' Dale
GRUMPY N.Y. MIKE

Russel and Dug is really no big deal not a big change.They were out for a long time in Hollywood animation..How bout bringing out clarice or something maybe NEW FOR A CHANGE!!SHAME SHAME ONCE AGAIN WDW!
-1 permalink
3/31/2012 5:15 PM
Disney-Me
Stitch
Disney-Me

GRUMPY N.Y. MIKE Wrote:
Russel and Dug is really no big deal not a big change.They were out for a long time in Hollywood animation..How bout bringing out clarice or something maybe NEW FOR A CHANGE!!SHAME SHAME ONCE AGAIN WDW!

Again, Clarice is a character you can regularly find at Disneyland Paris

--
You have always been my dearest friend 💚 You make me feel like what your name is....HAPPY 💚
0 permalink
3/31/2012 5:51 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Sad to say I have heard rumors of even more character changes at DAK... including the removal of Pocahontas and possibly several other characters (Jungle Book, Thumper/Miss Bunny)... haven't heard anything about them being replaced by other characters either Hopefully this doesn't come to pass or AK will be down to VERY few characters

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
3/31/2012 11:46 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

DisneyMe is quite right, Clarice appears everyday currently.
She is part of the 20th anniversary celebrations and has a special wizard outfit!
In the past she appeared off and on - with persistence you could find her!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest news and rumours!

Dan.
0 permalink
4/1/2012 3:20 PM
rodnyelectro
Minnie Mouse
rodnyelectro

Will AK become a no characters park?? Or just the Fab 5 and Rafiki?? Wow!! what a shame!!
0 permalink
4/3/2012 12:51 PM
mastromjm
Chip 'n' Dale
mastromjm

This is really shameful...Disney has so many characters to choose from...and if I am not mistaken Goofy is in four different places at once during some times of day in Animal Kingdom alone? Couldn't Flik have been kept and Goofy gotten some sort of break in exchange?
0 permalink
4/4/2012 7:44 AM
GRUMPY N.Y. MIKE
Chip 'n' Dale
GRUMPY N.Y. MIKE

Guys i live in N.Y with this economy its not too easy for some people to get all that money to go to DLP.Thats like a dream maybe one day but shouldnt WDW see whats going on in all the other Disney Parks in the world.People like characters not the same boring fab 5 in all 4 parks at WDW everytime we spend our money to go down there.Theres 100 rare characters they could bring out one day in one of the parks thats all people ask.Even there parties they hardly ever mix it up its not a disney feeling down there lately for my family and I .
edited by GRUMPY N.Y. MIKE on 4/4/2012
0 permalink
4/4/2012 9:38 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

We totally know what you mean Mike! Disney doesn't come cheap, and all they seem to be doing lately is giving less, but for MORE money!
It is really annoying and sad!

--

Dan.
0 permalink
4/5/2012 12:55 PM
jbradnash
Chip 'n' Dale
jbradnash

It seems that Pocahontas will be staying ... however Miss Bunny and Thumper are leaving though ... I think it would be better if Miss Bunny left and Flower joined Thumper
0 permalink
4/6/2012 1:38 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Although Miss Bunny is cute, I agree with you, Flower would be a much better addition!

--

Dan.
+1 permalink
4/12/2012 9:21 AM
Shiva
Chip 'n' Dale
Shiva

DAK is really coming across as the neglected child of the 4 WDW parks... The live animals are nice, but one could go to a zoo for that. There are only a handful of rides and a diminishing cast of characters to meet. When I made my first visit to DAK last October, meeting Pocahontas there was one of the major highlights on an otherwise uninspiring park visit.

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
4/13/2012 1:45 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

Shiva Wrote:
DAK is really coming across as the neglected child of the 4 WDW parks... The live animals are nice, but one could go to a zoo for that. There are only a handful of rides and a diminishing cast of characters to meet. When I made my first visit to DAK last October, meeting Pocahontas there was one of the major highlights on an otherwise uninspiring park visit.

I have to agree, DAK has become the 'well, do we want to go all the way over there or not bother' of the 4 parks when we visit, and I'm sad to say that all too often we don't bother which is a shame 'cause at the end of the day it is still a Disney park.

We hopped over briefly last spring and there was Thumper, Terk, Chipmunks, Meeko etc all taking part in a dance / games party which was fun except a lot of little kids we saw just wanted a hug or autograph and were almost being bumped out the way by dancing characters. Okay, so you can't please everyone, I know that but when there are less chars to interact with you're going to want to grab the ones you do see.

Anyway I digress, I have to admit I'm happy to see Russell and Dug but more chars would be lovely, there are so many to choose from that would suit. Didn't Gov. Ratcliffe use to be there as well? i seem to recall him strutting up and down scaring all the kids.

Although Miss Bunny is cute, I agree with you, Flower would be a much better addition!

YES!!!! =D
edited by Rune on 4/13/2012
0 permalink
4/14/2012 7:39 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

GRUMPY N.Y. MIKE Wrote:

Sorry, but overly-vehement negative posts like that make me feel uncomfortable and are why I didn't post here in a while.
-1 permalink
4/14/2012 9:24 PM
GRUMPY N.Y. MIKE
Chip 'n' Dale
GRUMPY N.Y. MIKE

SORRY,BUT THATS NOT A DIRECT NEGATIVE POST TO YOU DISNEYPHILIP..BUT I SAY IT LIKE I SEE IT.YEA WE ALL LIKE BEING INA HAPPY DISNEY CHEERY MOOD,BUT WHEN IT COMES TO CHARACTERS THAT I SEE OVER AND OVER EVERY TIME I DRIVE DOWN FROM N.Y. IT GETS A LITTLE BORING FOR MY WIFE AND KIDS AND I.I MIGHT NOT LIVE IN FLORIDA AND CANT ATTEND DISNEY PARKS LIKE I WISH SO OFTEN,BUT I SEE WHAT THERE DOING AND SEE THE SAME CHARACTERS WITH VERY LITTLE CHANGE.THERE ARE PLENTY OF RARER CHARACTERS THEY COULD BRING IN ONCE IN AWHILE THAT PEOPLE LIKE US WOULD LOVE TO SEE AND HAVE MEMORIES WITH!
+1 permalink
4/15/2012 3:53 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Philip please don't insult other members.

Mike, I do agree that WDW need to mix it up a bit. You may have noticed that from my blog posts from time to time LOL.
I know it doesn't necessarily help, but maybe if you can afford it you could visit DL one year? They have some slightly different characters (though not many I admit), and the parks there are fab too. Not as far as Paris ir the Asian resorts, but far enough to be different.
Believe me, we know how expensive Disney is. We are just in a fortunate position right now to be able to travel. It wasn't always the case, and I'm sure in the future there may come a time also when we can't do so much travelling.
I hope some day you get the opportunity!
edited by DisneyDan on 4/15/2012

--

Dan.
+1 permalink
4/16/2012 2:44 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Does Flower actually exist as a character? Is there a costume for her?

Or is this just fantasy? :0)

Martin

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trip: Halloween at Disneyland Paris 29th October 2014-2nd November 2014

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
4/16/2012 11:58 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Flower does indeed exist, but has not been seen in many years.

--

Dan.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 12:08 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

There have been a number of characters that were out fairly regularly at AK that you couldn't normally find at the other parks in WDW and Flik was hard to find pretty much anywhere... why they feel like it is a good idea to get rid of a lot of them is beyond me. I am glad the Russel and Dug have been added but they have gotten rid of too many other characters... and I still dont understand why they have Goofy in two different locations.

The less characters there are out the less often we will go there... AK has a lot of great things (Safari, LotLK, Nemo, parade, etc) but after you have seen the two shows several times you dont need to see them every trip, there are only a few rides that are really great, and while I enjoy the safari it isn't something I feel I need to go on every trip or make a point of going to AK JUST for the safari. I love the parade but that is now 10 years old so I have seen that enough that I don't feel compeled to see it as much as possible anymore.

--
0 permalink
4/16/2012 12:13 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

DisneyDan Wrote:
Flower does indeed exist, but has not been seen in many years.

Oh my life!

How did I not know about this?

Are there photos anywhere?

Martin

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trip: Halloween at Disneyland Paris 29th October 2014-2nd November 2014

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 |