Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW General Discussion and Trip Planning » Disney Fairies

Discuss Walt Disney World character sightings, questions, trip planning ideas, trip countdowns, trip reports & more
4/4/2012 2:03 PM
crabangel
Mickey Mouse
crabangel

Okay so I wanted to ask is there anyone else upset that Silvermist, Iridessa, and Fawn are no longer meeting at Disney World? I've been lucky enough to go to WDW three times in the past three months. During the second trip a cast member at guest services confirmed that those three no longer meet at all.

I extremely disappointed as Silvermist is my favorite fairy and I found I wasn't the only one after talking to people in lines for other characters. I found a bit of information from my sister who currently works at Disney as a character attendant. Apparently one of the character's she has worked with is also a friend of Silvermist. This friend confirmed that there was really no reason given for these three fairies to stop meeting they just stopped.

I've already written a letter I'm going to mail to guest services and I encourage anyone else who wants these three fairies to start meeting again.
0 permalink
4/4/2012 3:06 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

I agree with you that I think it is sad that these three are no longer around. I don't think it is surprising for a few reasons but I wish they would return. Unfortunately when they moved to the Nook the number of fairies changed from three to two. Since Tink always has to be one of them that means there is only ever one other fairy. Since Terence and Vidia are the newer fairies it isn't surprising they are out more often than the others so doesn't leave a lot of room for the original other four fairies

Personally I was disappointed they changed from three at a time to two at a time... I would love for them to go back to three and bring back Silvermist, Iridessa, and Fawn.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
4/5/2012 6:04 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

I agree, it's really disappointing that WDW has more or less turned its back on these guys, and it's even more frustrating when they're all still available at Disneyland (I think I'm right in saying that, anyway.) Meeting 3 fairies at the old location in Toontown always felt like you were getting your money's worth, especially after lining up for so long to see them, just having the two of them out just seems rather cheap. True the Nook looks lovely but even so, it's a long time to wait in line with a 50/50 chance of Terence or Vidia. Each fairy is so different that getting a variety really makes your day. I'm wondering what will happen when the new Tink DVD comes out, is Periwinkle going to be a meet n greet fairy and if so, will they beef the line-up back to three or will it mean changes for Vidia and Terence?

With EPCOT's flower festival going on it's a shame they can't put a couple of fairies back over there for the duration, they have the topiaries of them (including Periwinkle) after all, so why not? ... I guess it all boils down to money. =(
0 permalink
4/6/2012 1:44 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

We have heard that Periwinkle will begin making appearances, but how this will affect the other Fairies at this sage we do not know.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest news and rumours!

Dan.
0 permalink
4/7/2012 7:15 AM
JustAnotherDisneyDork
Chip 'n' Dale
JustAnotherDisneyDork

Sadly we don't have the money to travel to Disneyland or Walt Disney World. But it is a shame that they are pulling the plug on certain Faries. Personally I am soooo glad that DLP have added Tink to the back of the new parade, maybe they have just realised how popular they are ... Pixie Hollow on DLP maybe ... That would make my YEAR.
0 permalink
4/10/2012 7:31 AM
3BluEyedBabies
Mickey Mouse
3BluEyedBabies

I just saw an advertisement for another Disney Tinkerbell movie " [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tinker Bell and the Mysterious Winter Woods" where we meet Periwinkle but all the other fairies are in the movie, too, so maybe with the release of this new movie in the Fall of 2012, the fairies will again reappear at the parks. We were planning on going to Disney world this May, but due to my husband getting a new job, he doesn't have vacation time to take off now. Hopefully the fairies will all be back in the park next year when we can go! Even though all the fairies are not appearing right now, that hopefully doesn't mean they will never return![/font]
0 permalink
4/12/2012 4:06 AM
JustAnotherDisneyDork
Chip 'n' Dale
JustAnotherDisneyDork

I am so sorry you can't get to Disney, I can't wait for the new Faries film. But what I want to know is why such the lonng wait. I am assuming because it takes place in 'Winter woods' (I think) so that explanes the winter release.
0 permalink
4/15/2012 4:15 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

DisneyDork, I think that the franchise is actually dying out a bit, hence why the last film was only shown on the Disney Channel recently with not much fanfare at all.
Tinker Bell IS popular, but not the mass money making machine that other brands are for them.

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest news and rumours!

Dan.
0 permalink
4/15/2012 4:39 AM
JustAnotherDisneyDork
Chip 'n' Dale
JustAnotherDisneyDork

You have got a very good point Dan, this probably also explanes why the last was only 30 minutes long :/ I think it is a bit sad that it is dieing out, but I do think DLP should have a bit more 'Faries'
0 permalink
4/15/2012 12:45 PM
crabangel
Mickey Mouse
crabangel

This is just my conjecture but I think there were actually several different reasons Pixie Hollow Games was re-tooled for TV.

The first three films were all released one year after another but I think the fourth movie, secret of the wings, was taking longer than the others to finish and they needed to put something out. The PHG was originally meant to be a supplemental film after the initial four (and I believe was already in production) so I think it seemed easier for Disney to just take was already done and show it on TV. That way there was something to show that year.

I'm sort of hoping that there was also a bit of Disney testing how a Pixie Hollow TV show would do. I think after this final movie is released they should invest in a TV show for Disney channel. According to the Disney the Pixie hollow games special did do very well.
Saturday’s premiere of “Tinker Bell and the Pixie Hollow Games” (7:00 – 7:30 p.m.) ranked as the week’s No. 1 animated cable telecast in Total Viewers (4.3 million)... - source

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they might got this way. After all they've pretty much already established the world and the characters and both of those aspects seem to lend itself to a weekly show format. That's just my personal hope though.

While I'm interested at the prospect of meeting Periwinkle, but I really wish they would rotate the fairies more at WDW!
0 permalink
4/17/2012 3:07 PM
Panchito
Minnie Mouse
Panchito

From my understanding (talking with different CMs), the cut back in fairies is related to 2 things: 1st is Casting (outside of Fawn, the other 2 are very difficult to cast) and Space. When they were moved to Adventureland, the backstage Fairy location was drastically downsized, and there is just no space to store all of the different wings.

Now, if it's true that a Pixie Hollow area will be Imagineered in the near future (yes, I know it was cut from FLE, but there are still some rumors floating around that some modified version may still be created somewhere), then increased space will help with the storage problem and then maybe we'll start seeing the other fairies more often! Only time will tell though.
+1 permalink
4/21/2012 12:42 PM
crabangel
Mickey Mouse
crabangel

I hope you are right, Panchito. I guess I'll try to be patient until I can get to Disneyland to see them in their area over there.
0 permalink