Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » NO Flynn Rider AGAIN .... WDW has pulled the plug on adding Flynn Rider

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
4/5/2012 7:21 PM
jbradnash
Chip 'n' Dale
jbradnash

According to Inside the Magic

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/03/brave-merida-meet-and-greet-to-debut-at-walt-disney-world-and-disneyland-in-may-moving-rapunzel-to-adventureland/

Truely NOT the greatest day .... Wish they were adding him back

OR do we really know what is happening at Magic Kingdom's Characters?!?
0 permalink
4/6/2012 1:44 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

As I just said in the other thread, different sources seem to be reporting different things with regard to Rapunzel... I guess we'll see what happens!
edited by DisneyDan on 4/6/2012

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest news and rumours!

Dan.
0 permalink
4/6/2012 1:35 PM
jbradnash
Chip 'n' Dale
jbradnash

Sorry I must miss that in the other thread ....... I have really close friends in entertainment at WDW and they don't have a clue either ... nothing has been posted or stated to the performers yet
0 permalink
4/8/2012 5:54 PM
crabangel
Mickey Mouse
crabangel

My sister who is a character attendant just confirmed that yes Flynn will not be appearing. Rapunzel will be meeting next to guest services where the Easter bunny is currently meeting. According to what she heard they were not confident that the queue line at the Veranda could hold the amount of guests for Rapunzel and Flynn. While this makes sense, I personally think this is a terrible move by WDW.
0 permalink
4/8/2012 6:58 PM
jbradnash
Chip 'n' Dale
jbradnash

I have to agree, Rapunzel and Flynn has went beyond expectations and guest will wait for this... When will WDW recognize that people want to see and meet characters.... I am just happy that I got the opportunity several times to meet Flynn!
0 permalink
4/10/2012 7:21 AM
3BluEyedBabies
Mickey Mouse
3BluEyedBabies

Rapunzel and Flynn will be moved to Adventureland after Merida (From the new movie Brave) takes Rapunzel's current spot at the Farirytale Garden in Magic Kingdom according to a recent blog post by Disney Dan!! So excited!!! Now I really need to start saving for our next Disney trip!
0 permalink
4/12/2012 9:04 AM
Shiva
Chip 'n' Dale
Shiva

Sadly, if this comes to pass and Flynn Rider is not reinstated for regular daily meet and greets, it hardly comes as a surprise. From a sales standpoint, why would they not keep Flynn as a "rare" character reserved for only special ticketed events like the MNSSHP and the MVMCP? Not that these events are usually lacking in ticket sales, but throwing in "rarer" character meets at the events serves to make them seem more special (ex. most villains, Belle in Christmas gown, etc.). That said, I hope WDW opens their eyes to reinstating Flynn as a regular character.

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
4/15/2012 4:19 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Hi all, NOW we hear that Rapunzel will move to the Tour Guide Garden on Main Street!
Seems to be changing every day right now LOL!
Like I said above, I guess we'll see when it actually happens

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest news and rumours!

Dan.
+1 permalink
4/15/2012 5:58 PM
Shiva
Chip 'n' Dale
Shiva

I've seen a picture posted earlier today on another website of Rapunzel at the Tour Guide Garden, and the morning sunlight just washes out the photos. Also, Rapunzel was solo with no Flynn. I cannot imagine that this current stationing of Rapunzel will last. I am sure the lines will remain long... Perhaps they ought to change the spare Mickey/Minne rooms in the Town Square Theater into a Rapunzel room instead?

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
+1 permalink
4/16/2012 11:07 AM
jbradnash
Chip 'n' Dale
jbradnash

OH if anyone wanted to know .... other changes are Woody and Jesse are meeting at their old spot near Splash Mountain at the parade exit/enter area. Now Winnie the Pooh and Tigger is now at exit of Splash Mountain.
0 permalink
4/16/2012 6:16 PM
disneyphilip
Peter Pan
disneyphilip

Word on the street is that a new permanent Tangled-themed meet-and-greet area is going to be built on the former Fantasyland Skyway Station site, along with its new walkway. And Flynn might rejoin Rapunzel at that new location whenever it opens.

As for Pooh and Tigger, they're only at Splash temporarily while their new permanent spot near their ride in Fantasyland is under construction.
+1 permalink
4/16/2012 7:51 PM
jbradnash
Chip 'n' Dale
jbradnash

I hope they build a really cool Tower for Rapunzel
0 permalink
4/28/2012 6:56 PM
sehudson2006
Mickey Mouse
sehudson2006

We haven't met Rapunzel yet, so we're very excited to meet her! Wish we could meet Flynn too...maybe we'll get lucky. We also haven't met Jesse, so that will be awesome if we get to meet her!
0 permalink
4/30/2012 5:02 PM
jbradnash
Chip 'n' Dale
jbradnash

Maybe you will see Flynn in Adventureland in JUNE!
0 permalink