Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Blog Discussion » Disneyland Paris 20th Anniversary Trip Report!

Forum to discuss blog posts from the Character Central Blog
4/17/2012 8:34 AM
Peter Pan's Shadow
Angel
Peter Pan's Shadow

Hi all!

We are finally back from our crazy 9 day trip to Disneyland Paris to celebrate the launch of their 20th anniversary, and WOW what a time we had!

I'm sure a lot of you have been following our adventures on our Facebook page where we were posting regular character picture updates, as well as the two blogs I managed to make (here on the blog). We also were on Twitter, but I don't use that so much, so Facebook was definitely the place to be for updates!

To be honest I don't even know where to begin with how absolutely FANTASTIC the events were for their birthday.

Of course throughout the 20th celebrations they are running the new anniversary version of the parade, there is the character meet 'n' greet train with the VIPS in their special costumes, the BREATHTAKING Disney Dreams! show and the decorations and merchandise throughout the park.

But, the big day itself saw an unprecedented number of special shows and character greetings that simply blew us away.

The day started with Euro Disney President Philippe Gas giving a welcome speech at the foot of Main Street USA in Town Square.

After he had finished, he stepped aside from the podium and Mickey came to greet him in his new 20th outfit.  [ Read More... ]
edited by DisneyDan on 4/18/2012
+3 permalink
4/17/2012 9:05 AM
Graham
Minnie Mouse
Graham

Sounds like you guys had an absolute blast! Slightly jealous I wasn't there, lol.
0 permalink
4/17/2012 9:31 AM
Shiva
Chip 'n' Dale
Shiva

Wow! It looks like you had a lot of fun on a very special day! As always, thanks for sharing everything with us! =)

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
4/17/2012 1:49 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Fantastic post!

I really look forward to the other reports about the other 8 days if you get around to doing them! :0)

I have to agree that I think some of the mini shows on 12th April should be permanent!

Especially the main street one that would be really cool. I heard a lot of people liked the fronteirland one, so maybe that should have stayed too!

Martin :0)

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trip: Halloween at Disneyland Paris 29th October 2014-2nd November 2014

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
4/17/2012 11:03 PM
Disney-Me
Stitch
Disney-Me

The Shows were all WONDERFUL but my favorites are "Discoveryland Celebrates" and "Main Street, U.S.A. Celebrates"!!!!!!!!!!! Duffy and his voice was the CUTEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!! As well as the Penguins in their new outfits, Mary Poppins, and Bert were GREAT!!!! Stitch, Angel, Chip, Dale , and Clarice ROCKED and were also AMAAAAAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope they bring the shows back for the 20th Anniversary season!!!!!!!!!
edited by Disney-Me on 4/17/2012

--
You have always been my dearest friend 💚 You make me feel like what your name is....HAPPY 💚
0 permalink
4/18/2012 9:28 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

I read the whole of that blog post with a huge smile on my face, your excitement's infectious! =D

It sounds like one totally amazing whirlwind of a day. The walk though the tunnel of cast members sounds like something really special, I bet the atmosphere was electric, and from the photos I've seen it's obvious that every person there was getting into the spirit of the day and proud of being part of the magic. The shows sound like a lot of fun too and I'm so thrilled by all the new outfits so many characters had for the day. I think the Buzz outfits for the show featuring Stitch have to be my favourite although the Penguins' top hats are incredibly cute too. The flash mob towards the end of the day must have been great to witness as well, the whole idea of a bunch of characters rushing out with balloons, just makes me so happy, and to round off all of that with those fantastic fireworks ... oyyy, doe sit get any better?

Thanks so much for sharing it all. ^_^
0 permalink
4/24/2012 12:19 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Thanks for the feedback everyone! We really did have the most amazing time! Big Grin

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest news and rumours!

Dan.
0 permalink