Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » WDW News and Rumors » Princess Merida Has Been Revealed .....

Discuss Walt Disney World news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
pages: 1 2 |
5/7/2012 12:00 PM
crabangel
crabangel

I heard a rumor on why we haven't seen her recently. So apparently Merida has been pulled from training because the crowds were too big to handle. Also apparently flickr had some trouble with their servers from too many people looking for Merida pictures.
0 permalink
5/8/2012 4:59 AM
Panchito
Panchito

OMG - that's really a rumor?!?

She was only ever scheduled to be out for 4 days, which she completed (29, 1, 2, & 7); she will be out at MK later this week.

People make up the weirdest things.
edited by Panchito on 5/8/2012
0 permalink
5/9/2012 3:54 AM
Graham
Graham

Being Scottish myself, I find her accent atrocious. It sounds like a badly attempted Irish accent, actually.
0 permalink
5/9/2012 4:16 AM
Rune
Rune

Graham Wrote:
Being Scottish myself, I find her accent atrocious. It sounds like a badly attempted Irish accent, actually.

It's funny you should say that because a couple of my American friends said exactly the same thing. I have to admit I found her accent pretty uncomfortable / forced, that's often the way though, the Alices, Mary Poppins & Berts Englih accents often have me frothing too. I guess it's the old thing where if you're a native to the character's land you always feel super-picky, but all the same it wouldn't be so hard for Disney to get this right and it *is* important. I hope they work on it and improve it with Merida though, otherwise it will look rather funny when she meets & greets with guests from Scotland. O_o
0 permalink
5/10/2012 12:42 PM
jbradnash
jbradnash

She starts random meet and greets at MK ... May 11 to May 17 2012 ..... GOSH I wish I was there!!!!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Character-Meet-and-Greets-at-the-Magic-Kingdom/News/10May2012-Merida-to-begin-making-limited-appearances-in-the-Magic-Kingdom-tomorrow.htm
0 permalink
5/10/2012 3:12 PM
Drew
Drew

I'll get to see her soon
0 permalink
5/11/2012 7:37 AM
mastromjm
mastromjm

Wish I could be in the parks to see her! I will be soon enough I guess, but gosh, she looks fantastic!
0 permalink
5/11/2012 1:26 PM
Frollo
Frollo

She looks a lot better than I expected!!
edited by Frollo on 5/11/2012

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
Next Trip - Disneyland Paris 20th-21st April 2014
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 |