Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Tokyo Disney Resort News and Rumors » New Parade next year for Tokyo's 30th!

Discuss Tokyo Disney Resort news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
4/27/2012 3:22 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Oriental Land Company has issued a press release detailing some of the things they will be doing for their 30th Anniversary next year. The year's theme will officially be "Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary “The Happiness Year”" and will run April 15, 2013 through March 20, 2014.

One of the biggest additions for the year will be a new parade called "Happiness Is Here" along with the Star Tours 2 makeover which will officially debut as part of the celebration.

In addition, the press release states "The two Parks will also present special events for summer, Halloween and Christmas that are filled with seasonal ambience and the special “happiness” of the 30th anniversary year for guests to enjoy" so there will be some new elements to their seasonal entertainment as well.

Tokyo always has some of the most spectacular parades so I cant wait to see more details about the new one!

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
4/28/2012 5:39 AM
Disney-Me
Stitch
Disney-Me

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

--
You have always been my dearest friend 💚 You make me feel like what your name is....HAPPY 💚
0 permalink
4/29/2012 9:39 AM
Claude Frollo
Mickey Mouse
Claude Frollo

I hope there Halloween Parade will be better this year. Like the spookyvill parade but it getting a little old BUT still cant wait to see what Tokyo Disneyland is going to do next year and this year
0 permalink
4/29/2012 10:40 AM
Graham
Minnie Mouse
Graham

I'm looking forward to this, Tokyo always have put the rest of the resorts to shame when it comes to parades.
0 permalink
5/1/2012 8:30 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Claude Frollo Wrote:
I hope there Halloween Parade will be better this year. Like the spookyvill parade but it getting a little old BUT still cant wait to see what Tokyo Disneyland is going to do next year and this year

We are actually going for TDL Halloween this year, and love everything we've seen online, so for us we hope they don't change it!! But, anything they do will be awesome no doubt anyways

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest news and rumours!

Dan.
0 permalink
5/1/2012 8:58 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Yeah, hopefully they don't change the Halloween parade for *this* year hehe

I can't wait to see what they come up with for the new parade... not sure when we will actually get to see it in person but hopefully will be able to get back to Tokyo sometime during the 30th celebration or soon after.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
9/4/2012 4:39 AM
mastromjm
Chip 'n' Dale
mastromjm

Once again, TDL gets a new parade while the Magic Kingdom keeps trotting out the same old, same old. Can't someone get a little money up into the entertainment department to spend on at least a new float or something? A little might go a long way. In any case, very excited to hear what creative entertainment has up their sleeves! Tokyo always brings out the best!
0 permalink
9/4/2012 5:36 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

mastromjm Wrote:
Once again, TDL gets a new parade while the Magic Kingdom keeps trotting out the same old, same old.

Don't even talk to me about how old the Magic Kingdom parade is!!! Argh!!! LOL!!

--

Dan.
0 permalink
11/7/2012 9:14 AM
DisneyEmma
Peter Pan
DisneyEmma

Oh wow this sounds so exciting! I can't wait either!! Big Grin
0 permalink
11/8/2012 12:59 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Regarding some previous comments.... The MK is FINALLY getting a new parade!! Looks like we'll get to see TWO brand new parades in 2013!! Big Grin (MK and TDL!)

--

Dan.
0 permalink
11/8/2012 7:07 AM
mastromjm
Chip 'n' Dale
mastromjm

REALLY?! Wow. That came out of nowhere. Can't wait to hear the scoop!!!
0 permalink
11/8/2012 5:41 PM
TsWade2
Chip 'n' Dale
TsWade2

DisneyDan Wrote:
Regarding some previous comments.... The MK is FINALLY getting a new parade!! Looks like we'll get to see TWO brand new parades in 2013!! Big Grin (MK and TDL!)

I only visit DIsneyland, but that is indeed wonderful news. Where did you find out about?
0 permalink
4/6/2013 9:05 PM
wp
Stitch
wp

anyone know the line up for the parade and anyone unusual who will be in it?
0 permalink
4/6/2013 9:19 PM
wp
Stitch
wp

DisneyDan Wrote:

really great hopefully this parade they will stick to the idea the whole parade because in the current parade past the mickey section the song only keeps the theme and the random dancers
0 permalink
5/14/2013 8:13 AM
kittenwithawhip
Mickey Mouse
kittenwithawhip

we're going in October 2013, we're in the area from the 11th until the 22 so figure our best Disney days to be midweek on Wed the 16th and Thurs the 17th, mostly excited for Halloween activities !! And Star Tours II,, wonder if Chewbacca will be there!
0 permalink