Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Disneyland News and Rumors » Donald and Daisy

Discuss Disneyland Resort news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
4/29/2012 7:59 PM
mickeyandfriends
Mickey Mouse
mickeyandfriends

Hi Everybody!!! Sorry for so much inactivity I've been super busy! Anyway straight to the point....

Daisy and Donald Duck are two of my favorite characters, especially due to their mickey and friends nature. However, as crazy as it seems, I have trouble finding both characters in DCA. While I see Donald maybe once a year in town square, that is it due to the rennovations of Sunshine Plaza.

As for Miss Daisy, I haven't been able to see her besides parades since The Aloha Breakfast was still around. Since it closed does anyone know where I can see the wonderuful Duck?

Thanks for the help
0 permalink
4/30/2012 5:16 AM
ohohbrandon
Mickey Mouse
ohohbrandon

I really like Donald and Daisy too and I saw them in DLP, December 2010 together!

Greetz
0 permalink
4/30/2012 7:28 AM
mickeyandfriends
Mickey Mouse
mickeyandfriends

lucky!!! I'm sure that was gret. but i dont thing ill be hitting paris anytime soon, so ill need tips for DCA
0 permalink
4/30/2012 10:04 AM
Shiva
Chip 'n' Dale
Shiva

At the DLR, Daisy makes occasional (but random) appearances in Town Square at Disneyland in the day time. Last year, I was lucky enough to be able to take a picture with both her and Donald at the same time, but after that particular set, they were doing meet-and-greets in separate areas of Town Square. Daisy should also be available at the Surf's Up! With Mickey and Friends breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel, but again, she may or may not be a featured character that day. On that breakfast, I have had Minnie substitute for Daisy before. The character interaction at Surf's Up! is really good, because the characters really give you a lot of quality time depending on the restaurant's crowd levels, and they may even visit your table more than once (which I find to be very rare for character meals).

As for DCA (Disney's California Adventure Park), finding characters in that particular park has been a challenge for me for most of the times that I have gone. Other than the princess meal at Ariel's Grotto, there are only a few places that characters seem to do meet and greets, and personally I have never seen Donald or Daisy in that park. They were always at Disneyland.

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink
4/30/2012 6:07 PM
mickeyandfriends
Mickey Mouse
mickeyandfriends

Thanks Shiva!!!

So Daisy IS available at the Surf's Up Breakfast? Last time I saw her she was not there, and she isn't listed on the page here. And thanks for the tip on DCA, i know it is rather frustrating =/
0 permalink
4/30/2012 8:34 PM
Maleficent Freak
Chip 'n' Dale
Maleficent Freak

Donald frequently makes appearences in Town Square every day. Out of the two times I have been to the PCH Grill, I have only seen Daisy once.

--
Connor
Follow me on Instagram for Disney pictures!
connor_rudolph
0 permalink
5/2/2012 5:22 AM
mickeyandfriends
Mickey Mouse
mickeyandfriends

Same, and MalecifentFreak what about the new Aloha Breakfast?
0 permalink
5/6/2012 4:01 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

mickeyandfriends Wrote:
Same, and MalecifentFreak what about the new Aloha Breakfast?

The Aloha Breakfast does not exist anymore, it is the Surf's Up Breakfast now. They basically raised the price and made the menu more restricted!
But, they did mix the characters up some, but in the process lost Daisy.

Check out the page here on the site for the new Breakfast:

http://www.charactercentral.net/L207_DisneyCharacters_DisneylandResort_Hotels_SurfsUpBreakfastwithMickeyandFriendsatPCHGrill.aspx

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest news and rumours!

Dan.
0 permalink
5/7/2012 7:09 PM
mickeyandfriends
Mickey Mouse
mickeyandfriends

So, with Daisy gone from character dining, can we find her anywhere at either park?
0 permalink
5/8/2012 11:09 AM
Shiva
Chip 'n' Dale
Shiva

Best bet for Daisy at the DLR is randomly in Town Square at the Disneyland Park. Ask at customer relations if they can provide timeframes when she may appear. Keep in mind that her appearances are a lot more random/infrequent than the other classic characters: Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Minnie. You may either see her often or not at all.

I still believe that she is a rotating character at the Surfs Up! with Mickey Breakfast at the PHC Grill, but the only characters that you are pretty much guaranteed to meet at that meal are Mickey and Stitch. FYI: in December 2010, I had met: Mickey (for the meal photo package), Minnie, Goofy, Stitch, and Pluto. In May 2011, it was: Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Stitch, and Pluto. It's a gamble, because you may not get Daisy at all.

--
"You have to live your life spherically--in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm, and things will come your way." - Lindsey Duncan in Under the Tuscan Sun
0 permalink