Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Disneyland News and Rumors » New Character Fun at California Adventure this summer

Discuss Disneyland Resort news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
5/28/2012 8:03 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

The parks blog has reported some upcoming character changes at California Adventure for this summer.

First, Mickey and Friends who used to meet in "california" outfits in Sunshine Plaza will be moving to Buena Vista Street once it opens and have really cute new themed outfits

Picture source: Disney Parks Blog ©Disney

Also, once Cars Land opens Lightning McQueen and Mater will be meeting at the Cozy Cone Motel

Picture source: Disney Parks Blog ©Disney

Finally, in the renamed "Hollywood Land" there will be a daily character dance party named "Dancin’ with Disney" that will take place every day from 1pm to 5pm.

So all and all a number of nice new changes that I really look forward to seeing!
edited by PeterPanFan on 5/28/2012

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
5/29/2012 4:02 PM
Disney-Me
Stitch
Disney-Me

Great!

--
You have always been my dearest friend 💚 You make me feel like what your name is....HAPPY 💚
0 permalink
5/30/2012 8:35 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

I am loving those colourful new outfits, especially Goofy's, he looks very dapper.

Kind of wishing something of a similar ilk could get going down in FL.
0 permalink
5/30/2012 12:42 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

Rune, we always seem to be on the same wavelength! :P
As for Florida though, I have heard some new costumes might be coming... can't say where or when.. top secret! We'll have to wait and see

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
5/30/2012 5:23 PM
TsWade2
Stitch
TsWade2

Oh goodie!Applause
0 permalink
6/1/2012 2:05 AM
Rune
Angel
Rune

DisneyDan Wrote:
Rune, we always seem to be on the same wavelength! :P
As for Florida though, I have heard some new costumes might be coming... can't say where or when.. top secret! We'll have to wait and see

Woohoo! Thanks for the little hint, now I'm excited! =D
0 permalink
6/1/2012 2:29 AM
Camthalio
Minnie Mouse
Camthalio

Great outfits, I love them!
0 permalink
6/12/2012 10:48 PM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

FYI...just got some news about the "Dancin' with Disney" Party that they'll be throwing in Hollywood Land. Yes, we should expect to see some of the Fab 5, BUT, we should also expect to see some very RANDOM characters that have not been out in a long time or are only out during special events. My source didn't know of any NEW characters (for those of you wondering about the Pete and Oswald rumors), but, said that the characters are ones you won't normally expect to see out and about!

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
+1 permalink
6/13/2012 7:20 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Even more excited about going to Disneyland next month now Big Grin Hopefully some of the random characters are rarer characters as well Big Grin

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
6/15/2012 4:05 PM
mickeyandfriends
Mickey Mouse
mickeyandfriends

This is awesome!

Anybody got news on Clarabelle, Horace, Oswald, and other rares being on Buena Vista Street and where the Maliboomer used to be in Paradise Pier like previosuly rumoured?????
0 permalink
6/15/2012 4:05 PM
mickeyandfriends
Mickey Mouse
mickeyandfriends

This is awesome!

Anybody got news on Clarabelle, Horace, Oswald, and other rares being on Buena Vista Street and where the Maliboomer used to be in Paradise Pier like previosuly rumoured?????
0 permalink
6/16/2012 11:07 AM
WeatherbySwann
Mickey Mouse
WeatherbySwann

Rune Wrote:
I am loving those colourful new outfits, especially Goofy's, he looks very dapper.

Kind of wishing something of a similar ilk could get going down in FL.

Hollywood Studios did get great new 1940s outfits for Mickey & friends (minus Mickey) about a year ago, but I agree, these new ones are awesome too! I like how Mickey's sort of matches his traditional outfit.

And about the new DCA dance party...found this on Mice Chat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8MTM0CHfrE&feature=channel&list=UL They definitely are rare!! Wow!
0 permalink
6/16/2012 12:15 PM
Rune
Angel
Rune

WeatherbySwann Wrote:
And about the new DCA dance party...found this on Mice Chat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8MTM0CHfrE&feature=channel&list=UL They definitely are rare!! Wow!

Crumbs! Even Clara is strutting her stuff and awww, good to see PJ out there too <3
0 permalink
6/16/2012 6:52 PM
Drew
Chip 'n' Dale
Drew

Wow! That's awesome DCA has so many rare and special characters out!
0 permalink
6/17/2012 4:26 PM
readercck
Minnie Mouse
readercck

Oh my god!!! That video is incredible! I am going to be there this Friday and hopefully this isnt just a one-time thing for the opening.... but I will let everyone know. I am sooo excited! Are pictures/autographs avaliable?
0 permalink
6/18/2012 6:22 AM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

This should be going on all summer; however, the characters might change from day to day... as far as pictures/autographs... you will probably be able to get pictures with them if you dance with them but I would think autographs would be unlikely if it is like other Disney character dance parties :\

--
0 permalink
6/18/2012 7:50 AM
Loren
Peter Pan
Loren

It looks like the characters will probably change every several days. I was there both on Friday and Sunday and they were the same characters that were out. A great assortment, but, the same characters nonetheless. And, as Jon mentions, you will most likely not be able to get an autograph unless there isn't a swarm of children around. In terms of photos, cast members are discouraging posed photos, but, again, if you manage to get them when there's not as many children around, they'll pose with you. You'll have an easier time with the face characters because they can also hear you better. Anastasia, Drizella and Cruella were more than happy to stop and pose quickly for a picture.

I'm sorting through literally thousands of photos over the last couple of days and will be doing a report shortly on all the character offerings. The park is an entirely different place than what it was and there are so many amazing things happening.

--
Visit Castles, Capes & Clones for discussion about the entire Disney Universe - from Disney (Castles), Marvel (Capes) and Star Wars (Clones)!

Like Castles, Capes & Clones on Facebook

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Twitter

Follow Castles, Capes & Clones on Google+
0 permalink
6/22/2012 12:32 PM
readercck
Minnie Mouse
readercck

Also on my trip I got the chance to (finally) meet Dug and Russel although it was a bummer that you had to see the show to meet Russell. I also saw many of the Fab 5 in Buena Vista Street as well as some atmosphere characters. Dancin' with Disney was very cool and I also saw the normal Disney Junior and Pixar characters in Hollywood Land. In Cars land I saw Mater and Lightening Mcqueen switching off in front of the Cozy Cone, it looks like a cool spot. I also saw Big Red after his show near a Bugs land. It was all a great experience and I am so excited for all the changes in CA Adventure!
0 permalink