Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Disneyland Paris News and Rumors » Animagique

Discuss Disneyland Paris news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
6/18/2014 4:18 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Tonight @Disneylandberry on twitter announced that Animagique will close its curtain for the final time in 2015. Although not officially confirmed, they do seem to be quite in the know and previous rumours they have announced have shown fruitful signs of truth!

With Jedi training academy rumoured to come to Videopolis in the near future, what would you like to see fill the massive space currently occupied by Animagique?

With its proximity to the flying carpets and lack of production style theatre shows in the parks, I would love to see Aladdin the Musical come to Paris.

Would love to hear your ideas or suggestions for the Animagique theatre!

Martin

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
6/18/2014 4:30 PM
twor
Peter Pan
twor

My guess would be something Pixar related or it will get knocked down for something else Pixar. Toon Studios is really heavily focused on Pixar these days and I think it would be better to rename it Pixar Place or something along those lines.

Exciting to see that something is happening though and to be honest I've never been a huge fan of Animagique. What I definitely don't want though is Animagique to close and nothing to replace it, just keeping the theatre to sit empty for years (shudders).
0 permalink
6/18/2014 4:48 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

If it's Aladdin they'd have to knock down the building too, as much as I like that idea. That stage won't work out at all.

I'm expecting something Pixar related too. Wasn't there a Toy Story musical on one of the cruise ships?
0 permalink
6/18/2014 5:26 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Ok, first of all I love Animagique and will be sad to see it go... especially since I think the show is really unique... the storyline is similar to other things... but the whole thing together makes it special; however, it has been there a long time and as long as it is replaced with something of similar caliber I can accept this change.

One thing that was long rumored for this spot was Philharmagic; however, like everyone else I would expect something Pixar... if they take out Animagique and move the flying carpets (spinners are pretty easy to relocate) then that whole area could be completely Pixar and finally have a cohesive theme.

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
+1 permalink
6/19/2014 6:06 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Another rumour being banded about is Mickey's Magical Map like at Disneyland California. Wasn't there some suggestions that Phillipe Gas had a private viewing of this show with some other DLP executives when it first opened. It would certainly make a lot of sense and wouldn't require much work to the stage and theatre.
Hopefully they add a few more characters and change the story line slightly if they do pursue that option.

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:

0 permalink
6/19/2014 7:34 AM
Mitchell
Tiana
Mitchell

I fully expect it to be Pixar (or maybe a frozen show)

It'll be sad to see it go, if Philarmagic goes in, does that mean we have no stage shows in the whole resort?

--
Heya, I'm Mitchell!

Next Trip: Halloween to DLP

Follow my twitter @MitchellDisney for tweets!

Please check out my YouTube channel! https://t.co/8wbANN35lK including Vlogs from my Disneyland Paris holidays!
0 permalink
6/19/2014 7:35 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

It won't be PhilharMagic. Is all :P

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
6/19/2014 8:39 AM
Mitchell
Tiana
Mitchell

Good.

I'd personally go for Frozen just to cash in, although the Pixar idea is good, I'd have an Incredibles show, or maybe a Pixar version of it, so similar storyline, just having Bugs Life, Incredibles, Up and Nemo?

Or I have been working on a project similar to Animagique if Disney want it :p

--
Heya, I'm Mitchell!

Next Trip: Halloween to DLP

Follow my twitter @MitchellDisney for tweets!

Please check out my YouTube channel! https://t.co/8wbANN35lK including Vlogs from my Disneyland Paris holidays!
0 permalink
9/12/2014 5:32 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Hmmmm....

The ever cryptic insidedlparis said they knew of no planned permanent closure of Animagique. Also on this day there was confirmation that 10 attractions will be upgraded/renewed before the 25th Anniversary including Phantom Manor and Star Tours to Star Tours 2. Maybe Animagique is getting an update and it may not close after all?

All speculation for now, but will be interesting to see how things develop!

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink