Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Tokyo Disney Resort News and Rumors » Gelatoni, a new friend of Duffy is announced by Tokyo Disneyland

Discuss Tokyo Disney Resort news and rumors including character news, press releases, closures, openings & more
the topic is closed |
6/30/2014 1:49 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Gelatoni, a cute artist cat, has been announced as a new friend for Duffy. For now there is only merchandise; however, if he is popular I am sure he will come to life as a character in the parks eventually (just as ShellieMay started as just merchandise before coming to the parks a year or two later).

Here is a picture of him with Duffy... the basic story is that Duffy drops his gelato, Gelatoni picks it up and starts painting with it (and shows Duffy how to paint?), and they become friends.

Picture from Tokyo Disney Resort and copyright Disney

Some of the initial merchandise can be seen here

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
6/30/2014 1:51 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

Here is another picture... again from the Tokyo Disney Resort website

--
Visit the Disney Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and information!
0 permalink
6/30/2014 1:59 PM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

He looks so cute! Hopefully one the merchandising has gone wild they'll let him leave his house and step out into Cape Cod to meet guests! Big Grin

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
6/30/2014 2:12 PM
Vala
Cheshire Cat
Vala

He looks totally cute!
0 permalink
6/30/2014 2:34 PM
PeterPanFan
Sorcerer
PeterPanFan

I just wish he had been introduced a month and a half ago while we were there LOL

--
0 permalink
7/1/2014 4:01 PM
Cyril
Chip 'n' Dale
Cyril

Trop mignon <3

--
Ma page Facebook : DLP- Character Live
Suivez moi aussi sur Twitter : @DLPCharacterLiv
Instagram : DLP_Character_Live
0 permalink
7/2/2014 3:04 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Very cute!! Can definitely imagine him meeting guests soon!

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:
30th April - 1st May 2016 - Disneyland Paris
23-24 July 2016 - Disneyland Paris
22nd July - 5th August 2017 - Walt Disney World

www.facebook.com/DisneyMart

Now posting trip pictures on Instagram
0 permalink
1/11/2015 10:41 AM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

I have some of his merchandise (the little passholder bag), a Halloween postcard, a cookie tin (of which all cookies have been eaten) and a Halloween Gelatoni keychain (a sitting one). He's hella cute, I like him better than Duffy (and definitely like him better than Shellie May and her evil eyes!) actually.

I really hope they'll bring him to DLP, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
0 permalink
1/11/2015 11:02 AM
DisneyDan
Sorcerer
DisneyDan

So cute! Love the Halloween plushie!!

--
Check the Character Central Blog for all the latest character news and rumours!

Visit Tsum Tsum Central for all the latest news on Disney Tsum Tsums, to update your own collection list and much more!

Instagram * Facebook * Twitter

Dan.
0 permalink
1/11/2015 11:08 AM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Will he be meeting guests soon?

--
Follow me on twitter to see my character pictures and for live tweets from our trips to the Disney Parks!!

Next Trips:

0 permalink
1/11/2015 12:17 PM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

I heard from a friend who has a Tokyo Disney AP and goes loads that she heard from someone that works there that he should be available for meet and greets September at the latest. So hopefully that rumor is true!

In any case I'll start posting some more photos of my Gelatoni stuff in this thread (as it's the Gelatoni thread anyway ^^), starting with scans of my Halloween card

0 permalink
1/11/2015 2:54 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Cute card!

We're just hoping ShellieMay becomes regular at DLP. Having Duffy back would be a start!

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
1/12/2015 5:29 AM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

It really annoys me that they binned Duffy. I really loved meeting him.
I don't actually understand why they decided to take him off the meet and greet roster. They have all his costumes, they dedicated a whole store to him. Surely from a marketing point of view having him do meet and greets would be a GOOD idea (don't get me started on DLP and marketing fail though, we'll be here all week).

I'm actually not fond of Shellie May at all I must admit. I think she has creepy evil eyes. It's those eye lashes XD.

Today's Gelatoni merch photo:

It's a little bag, just a little roomier than those plush Duffy and Shellie May bags they sell that you can clip onto a belt or another bag, but it also has a passholder pocket. The strap was a bit short to my liking, so I remade it into loops on which I can attach a longer strap
It's very soft, and I'm pretty sure it can be washed in the rinse cycle and left out to air dry (I do that with my Duffy quite a bit and he's still as soft and nice as the day I got him), but I would still avoid taking it out on a rainy day
0 permalink
1/12/2015 2:35 PM
DisneyMart
Sorcerer's Apprentice
DisneyMart

Cute bag. I wasn't a fan of ShellieMay at first either, but since meeting her we have fell head over heels in love. She is so cute and we now have a multitude of ShellieMay merchandise! 😃

--

Next Trips:

0 permalink
1/14/2015 9:26 AM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

I think that postcard and this cookie tin are the only things I have that involve Shellie May. I wouldn't buy anything of her specifically, unless it was a gift for someone. I probably will get more Duffy things when I'm at TDS, because I find it hard to resist cute teddybears (or at least teddybears I think are cute) and I will definitely get more Gelatoni stuff!
0 permalink
1/15/2015 7:51 AM
hildekitten
Peter Pan
hildekitten

Last piece of my tiny Gelatoni collection. I actually wanted to start collecting the little sitting plush Gelatoni keychains, but after seeing what they go for on ebay I decided against it
0 permalink
the topic is closed |